Karl Boyes almost choked ;)

Gatz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Race to 13, Karl Boyes was up 11-4 or 11-5 against Niels and then 12-8 and the match went hill hill. Congrats to Karl for winning and to Niels making a very nice comeback.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
A great comeback by Niels from 11-4 down to make it hill-hill at 12-12. He broke dry and Karl made a terrific run out to win the match. He came up strong under a lot of pressure. Good shooting Karl!

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My BCA team was ahead 12-5 in a race to 13 in Lincoln city just recently and lost 12-13.

willybang

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another World Title for a Brit at "Your" game ;)

8 Ball, 9 Ball 10 Ball, World Team Champions....

Perhaps you will finally admit we can play more than "Snooker"?

(Nah, I didn't think so LOL)

Congrats to Karl!
and Congrats to Niels on a great fightback..

P.S. I do believe Darren Appleton placed third also!

BTW Its a friendly dig based on all the horse manure you give us Brits on these forums at times!!!
I actually love playing in the States, your pool rooms have far more action and atmosphere than ours!

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
willybang...The "horse manure" you speak of is generally only spread, after wild claims by some of your countrymen (usually something to the point of Americans cannot no longer compete...now there's some REAL horse manure). That said, pool is now a world sport, played on a world stage, and titles are often up for grabs by any country's champion players! Congratulations to Karl Boyes & Darren Appleton, on fine finishes. Oh yeah, that Dutch guy played pretty good too! J/K Niels...you da MAN! I look forward to seeing ALL the great players, from around the world, next month in Vegas!

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

BTW Its a friendly dig based on all the horse manure you give us Brits on these forums at times!!!
I actually love playing in the States, your pool rooms have far more action and atmosphere than ours!

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
The way the *Team England* presented themselves at the WTC in hannover/germany was a hammer. After seeing the win over germany i was totally impressed how they played the tournament. The english team won because they were *the best team* at least. The audience was with them imo for sure. I think my neighboured wondered what happened in my room here bc i cheered here like watching a football-final ^^
gz again to england- it was impressive

lg from germany,
Ingo

predator

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congratulations to Karl for winning!
Tough luck on Niels, no balls on the break for the final rack...

I take it most members here do not know who is Karl Boyes?

thecardman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well done Karl on a brilliant win! Even the BBC have reported on it on their website! In recent times, it has been rare for the BBC to cover pool but they have this time. To read the article, click here.

DGunter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I always remember him and Appleton on the mic at night back at what I guess was TAR's first Derby stream. IIRC, he didn't show up the next year because he had quit pool to become a dart player. Glad he didn't stick with darts over pool! Congratulations to him on a great tournament!