Don't laugh

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Thanks guys, I will check it out.

I love to watch Rempe play 14.1, he has a style that I "TRY" to mimic !!!

Steve

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Another great match to watch

Another good video from Accu-Stats is Rempe vs Ginky with Rempe doing a player comentary with Pat Fleming. Rempe talks his way through this match and you get some insight on what he was thinking at the time.
IMO he also debunks the myth that top 14.1 players have the entire rack planned out from start to finish.

Well, I just ordered a DVD of the Rempe vs Ginky match. Can't wait to watch it. Another great match, which is my favorite of my collection is the: 1992 US Open, Dick Lane vs Johnny Archer. Great match, a lot of points by both players, with commentary (player review) by Dick Lane & Pat Fleming. It is a must see.

Last edited:

Hank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
14.1 love the game

That is great advice mike.That should win some more games for me .Safe's are getting me to next level.Used to be there was not a shoot in the room I would not attempt.-LOL----

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hey Hierovision.growing up playing 14.1 i simply learned from hard practice and watching as many of the great players i could and asking all the advice i could from them.there are alot of videos out there and all of them could help you with pattern play and shot selection.I still think practice and setting goals is the best way to forward your game to the next level.See you and everyone else at the obelisk tourney and good luck.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Thanks guys, I will check it out.

I love to watch Rempe play 14.1, he has a style that I "TRY" to mimic !!!

Steve

It figures. that disc is one of the ones that i dont have !!

guess i will have to wait to see it at some point.

Steve

Dss51

Registered
I recommend Jim Rempe's video "How to Run a Rack in Straight Pool"...he gives an excellent deomonstration of his strategies while explaining verbally what he's doing and why. Then he finishes up the video with a drill designed to help you see patterns.

Check it out.

Hierovision

Dios mio, man.
Silver Member
Hey Hierovision.growing up playing 14.1 i simply learned from hard practice and watching as many of the great players i could and asking all the advice i could from them.there are alot of videos out there and all of them could help you with pattern play and shot selection.I still think practice and setting goals is the best way to forward your game to the next level.See you and everyone else at the obelisk tourney and good luck.

Thanks Bobby. I will definitely be playing a LOT of straight pool. I should have been playing it non-stop since I first signed up, but my schedule doesn't allow it. I'll be watching and practicing as much as possible. I'm hoping to translate my 8-ball skillz, and I will be practicing my break shots a lot too :p

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
There s no need to think about your 8-Ball skills :)
Just play often 14.1 as you can- and watch *good* players and try to keep the game as simple as possible. To minimize the cue-ball movement will come with the more practise you will have.
Except watching good players and practising on your own i recommend the books *Straight Pool Bilbe* (small but fantastic), Phil Capelle s *Play your best STraight-Pool* and last but not least George Fels *Mastering Pool* (one of my all-time favourites :p).

gogo *Fast-Eddie* ^^

lg from overseas,
Ingo

Hierovision

Dios mio, man.
Silver Member
Tried to order the accu-stats Jim Rempe video mentioned here and the site crapped out on me after step 1.

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Pat Fleming

Tried to order the accu-stats Jim Rempe video mentioned here and the site crapped out on me after step 1.

Just call, it's easier.1-800 828-0397
You'll probably talk to Pat Fleming. You might even ask him which straight pool videos he thinks are the best.

There is another thread here about some that are on sale right now for $9.95 that include some good ones. Check it out.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=176916

Hierovision

Dios mio, man.
Silver Member
Called him up this afternoon and ordered the Rempe/Ginky player review dvd.

Thanks for all the suggestions and advice. I will definitely be a student of 14.1... I think I will start playing a race to 50 every day at lunch.