Jamaica Joes........................

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Diamond tables included?

I've heard that Diamond the manufacturer buys back their own tables on the used market.

I kinda expected someone to buy all the fixtures and equipment together and effectively re-open Jamaica Joe's at a new location. Judging by foot traffic and activity alone, I'd have guessed it was still a money-maker in comparison to pool rooms in other cities.

Here's hoping the 6x12 snooker table finds a suitable home. I've been told that retail for that model is $22K. (Treat that like "sticker price" on a car lot.)

I'd love to have that beauty, way outta my price range.

Never played there, sounds like I missed out.

RabbiHippie

"Look! A real hippie!"
Silver Member
I'd love to have that beauty, way outta my price range.

Never played there, sounds like I missed out.
There's still time. The farewell event isn't until the end of this month.

I'm not local so it unlikely, but I'd like to be there for their final tournament.

RabbiHippie

"Look! A real hippie!"
Silver Member
Is Herman still living?....would love a pic
There's a portrait on the wall in the part of Jamaica Joe's cordoned off for the snooker table. Is that Herman Croy standing next to Mike Massey?

(Please excuse my ignorance of someone obviously well-known and respected. I meant no disrespect. I'm not local to OKC, but made a point to stop at Jamaica Joe's whenever passing through.)

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
There's a portrait on the wall in the part of Jamaica Joe's cordoned off for the snooker table. Is that Herman Croy standing next to Mike Massey?

(Please excuse my ignorance of someone obviously well-known and respected. I meant no disrespect. I'm not local to OKC, but made a point to stop at Jamaica Joe's whenever passing through.)

Herman got old...like everyone does...if they’re lucky...

1E564692-53D0-4238-A293-4C57F8AFE023.jpeg

D406310E-975A-47EF-9674-7BA4F82A4F1D.jpeg

But he had his times
Spent some time when I was a kid with Herman, Norman Hitchcock, and Chester Truelove...
...I called Chester...Mister Truelove

RabbiHippie

"Look! A real hippie!"
Silver Member
Herman got old...like everyone does...if they’re lucky...

View attachment 533804

View attachment 533805

But he had his times
Spent some time when I was a kid with Herman, Norman Hitchcock, and Chester Truelove...
...I called Chester...Mister Truelove
I found Herman’s memorial page online. There’s a fantastic video that will mean a lot to people who knew him. And to answer my own question ... yes, I do believe that’s him in the portrait with Mike Massey.

https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/oklahoma-city-ok/herman-croy-7515885

For the sake of posterity and those of us who didn’t know him ...

Anyone care to share a story about Herman?

Last edited:

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just found out that Jamaica Joes in MidwestCity,Ok. will be closing on Nov.26. Apparently with all the developement nearby property values have really gone up and they accepted an offer. Pool will miss this place. Great people, great equipment and overall atmosphere. They've had a good run and i wish all well.

Wow, that’s sad news. Great pool room. Players room very very well done.

RIP good pool rooms

RabbiHippie

"Look! A real hippie!"
Silver Member
Jamaica Joe’s Update from OKC Locals?

I assume time has ran out and Jamaica Joe’s is “really” closed now. Can any OKC locals provide an update on who wound up with the snooker table and also the results of the final memorial tournament?

FE94FEA0-5C60-4E5F-B42B-B838A50B8766.jpg

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I assume time has ran out and Jamaica Joe’s is “really” closed now. Can any OKC locals provide an update on who wound up with the snooker table and also the results of the final memorial tournament?

View attachment 535608
They're having an auction. Don't know if that table has been sold or not. UPDATE: No auction as of yet. First come first serve. Check with KC Massey via his FB page.

Last edited:

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
This has been an outstanding pool room in every way: equipment, service, food, events, cleanliness, and more.
It will be missed. The real estate is being sold strictly because it became too good of a business proposition to pass on.
I wish them well, they made a nice contribution to the area and the genre, and should be proud of what they have done.
Don Owen and his family are a class act. Top rated.

Will Prout