What model Schon

Tonyt915

Registered
Looking for some help identifying this cue. My father bought this in the late 80’s to mid 90’s “ estimate according to my mom” was one of his first premium pool cue purchases. He later sold it to buy a better cue which was stolen after he died. Several years ago I bought a pool table and a family member who owns a pool hall said he managed to get this one from the person who bought it and wanted me to have it. Since it was my fathers I would like to know about it and how to take care of it.

Attachments

• DC3D9621-7FC6-4E16-89C7-D8A375146635.jpg
    DC3D9621-7FC6-4E16-89C7-D8A375146635.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 590
  • 85B1753B-A43D-42B9-B12E-45D5E91A67AB.jpg
    85B1753B-A43D-42B9-B12E-45D5E91A67AB.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 485

triley41395

You'll shoot your eye out
Silver Member
Looking for some help identifying this cue. My father bought this in the late 80’s to mid 90’s “ estimate according to my mom” was one of his first premium pool cue purchases. He later sold it to buy a better cue which was stolen after he died. Several years ago I bought a pool table and a family member who owns a pool hall said he managed to get this one from the person who bought it and wanted me to have it. Since it was my fathers I would like to know about it and how to take care of it.

Most will say 1993 because of the pin. I've heard from other people that they occasionally used them until around 97. Don't know the model though.

Beebop21

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a variant of this cue design. At one time there was a website CueCanvas where you could see an archive of retired models......I think it was a CX model, somewhere between CX 52 and CX75, but looks like that archive is no longer available, and I can't find the model number.

There is a Facebook for schon cue collectors where I am sure you could post and get all sort of info if you don't get it here.

I am no schon expert, but the unique pin (which most refer to as an acme pin, though wrongly experts say).......whatever it is seems to date the cue to right around 1993, Evan Clarke's work. Should have branding on the collar of the shaft that says 'SCHON 13' I think.

It is a very nice stick. Hope that helps.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Tonyt915

Registered
I have a variant of this cue design. At one time there was a website CueCanvas where you could see an archive of retired models......I think it was a CX model, somewhere between CX 52 and CX75, but looks like that archive is no longer available, and I can't find the model number.

There is a Facebook for schon cue collectors where I am sure you could post and get all sort of info if you don't get it here.

I am no schon expert, but the unique pin (which most refer to as an acme pin, though wrongly experts say).......whatever it is seems to date the cue to right around 1993, Evan Clarke's work. Should have branding on the collar of the shaft that says 'SCHON 13' I think.

It is a very nice stick. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the help, I just requested to join the FB group. This is the only thing I see on the collar no 13

Attachments

• 5A2B1858-730A-4B65-812F-43BAE9C8AF79.jpg
    5A2B1858-730A-4B65-812F-43BAE9C8AF79.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 475

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
Actually, it's now an STL 11...https://www.schoncues.com/product/stl-11/

It may have been and SL something, SP or ST, those lines were combined to the generic STL line, combining all the favorite models to include several of the R line.

I agree with the others, it's likely from 1993, so it probably predates the later STL designation.

Ratamon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Just don’t mention acme pin if you want to get an answer from Evan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beebop21

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The "not Acme" pin doesn't have a specific name does it? I think I will hereafter refer to it as the the "Pin That Must Not Be Named"

Ratamon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The "not Acme" pin doesn't have a specific name does it? I think I will hereafter refer to it as the the "Pin That Must Not Be Named"

I’m not aware of one. A cool name, though. It may catch on :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk