2017 US Open 14.1?

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Lou,

The dates were decided because we immediately followed Darren Appleton's world Pool Series - which followed the SBE.

3 events in a row within a 2hour drive. And the straight pool had BY FAR the best hotel deal.

Seems the 'pro players' have no interest in straight pool. It's a shame- so a new plan will be conceived.

Mark Griffin

Hey, Mark. I have to wonder if the sequential scheduling of multiple events isn't a problem. I suppose that works if you're a gypsy with no fixed address.. but even pool pros have to go home once in a while to pay bills and water the plants. And while on the surface consolidating events makes sense, three weeks on the road is a pretty brutal nut. I think a stand alone weekend event with a lower entry fee is the way to go, just my 2 cents.

Thanks for all you do.

Lou Figueroa

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was reading Mike Panozzo's column in the new BD, and he was pointedly talking about people like you, garczar...people who never have anything positive to say about anything, but are always ready to bash anything posted on here. You are not a player, or you would already know that 14.1 can help you improve any other pool game...something that every good player already knows. You show no respect for anything you post here. I find that really sad. You should read the article, because posters like you and several others are hurting the game (all pool games). :(

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com
Did you even read what i said? I said it was a good training game. What i meant by dead is tournament play. Other than than 2 tournaments a year 14.1 is completely off pool's radar. Scott, i live in the midwest and in close to 40yrs of playing i've seen a total of 3 competitive games of 14.1 in person. Other than maybe NYC, Chicago and a few other spots 14.1 is non-existent. BTW, last time i checked this is an OPEN forum. If you hate my takes so much just put me in your ignore file.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
garczar...Read the article and if you don't see yourself described there...well, I just don't know. I'm not trying to single you out, as there are a couple of dozen posters (some of them posting negatively for many years) that fall into this catagory. Just thought you might care enough to want to know if you're doing/saying/posting something that throws a negative image on the game. Maybe you just don't give a hoot. That's certainly true about some other posters I could name.

Scott Lee

Did you even read what i said? I said it was a good training game. What i meant by dead is tournament play. Other than than 2 tournaments a year 14.1 is completely off pool's radar. Scott, i live in the midwest and in close to 40yrs of playing i've seen a total of 3 competitive games of 14.1 in person. Other than maybe NYC, Chicago and a few other spots 14.1 is non-existent. BTW, last time i checked this is an OPEN forum. If you hate my takes so much just put me in your ignore file.

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
Straight pool is alive and well in my area. Our local league has 24 players and growing every session we have. Granted we are not pro caliber players but we all seem to love the game especially me. So much so that I may give up my 2 8-ball leagues next year to focus on mainly playing straight pool.

Wish I could have made the tournament but was too busy at work this week. Unfortunately my job has me traveling to CT. next week but the tournament will already be finished by then. Bummer

Kevin

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
garczar...Read the article and if you don't see yourself described there...well, I just don't know. I'm not trying to single you out, as there are a couple of dozen posters (some of them posting negatively for many years) that fall into this catagory. Just thought you might care enough to want to know if you're doing/saying/posting something that throws a negative image on the game. Maybe you just don't give a hoot. That's certainly true about some other posters I could name.

Scott Lee
Read it. Ready for this: what a load of crap. Pool has been circling the toilet/on life support(choose you adjective) WAY before social-media even existed. To believe that pool's current/future state is to be even partially affected by what me or anyone says on s.m. is ludicrous. I call things the way I see them and to say positive things just for the sake of saying it isn't going to happen. BTW, when's the last time you saw BD on a newsstand? Their only market is on-line and even that is tiny. We used to get it at the 'hall to sell and couldn't give them away. Think his statement has anything to do with the fact their business is not so good anymore?

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Read it. Ready for this: what a load of crap. Pool has been circling the toilet/on life support(choose you adjective) WAY before social-media even existed. To believe that pool's current/future state is to be even partially affected by what me or anyone says on s.m. is ludicrous. I call things the way I see them and to say positive things just for the sake of saying it isn't going to happen. BTW, when's the last time you saw BD on a newsstand? Their only market is on-line and even that is tiny. We used to get it at the 'hall to sell and couldn't give them away. Think his statement has anything to do with the fact their business is not so good anymore?

Careful, a post that 1,300 people have looked at(probably 200 different people at most) is gonna ruin pool - how dare you sir!:rotflmao:

I've met maybe 10 people in POOLHALLS that know what AZ is, half of them don't have an acct. Ask any league player and 99.9% will have no idea what you are talking about.
Jason

philly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Careful, a post that 1,300 people have looked at(probably 200 different people at most) is gonna ruin pool - how dare you sir!:rotflmao:

I've met maybe 10 people in POOLHALLS that know what AZ is, half of them don't have an acct. Ask any league player and 99.9% will have no idea what you are talking about.
Jason

You're correct Jason. I was surprised how many players have never heard of AZB.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Jason
My point to a "t" Jason. Pool has far bigger fish-2-fry than worrying about what me or anyone else says on social-media. I feel i've more than done my part like pool time(40yrs. worth), cues, tips, tournament fees, staking players, motel room rent,gas, t-shirts, beer(a LOT), you name it i've spent money on it.

7forlife

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
so are we really not going to get to see any of this? not even a facebook live for the semi or finals.
is there even a camera there so we can catch it on youtube?

Cleveland Kid

Registered
The event will honor the $10,000 added money. (that is adding $625 per player).

The entry fee is $550 (including a $50 registration/green fee).
Thanks for pointing out the error on the event information. The $600 number is incorrect.

This is the 2nd event held at Pool Table Magic in Windsor Locks, Ct. It is an excellent venue, hotels are around $70 - including breakfast. That is for 2 people. AND THEY ARE 500 FEET FROM THE POOL ROOM.

There will never be a better 'deal' for players.

We elected to not stream the event. The costs are prohibitive, and in all honestly, I don't want to throw any more money away on this event.

Please don't ***** about the event not being streamed.

Mark Griffin

Say hi to Mark K from Dominic in Cleveland