Kid Delicious vs Tony Annigoni

krelldog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've read both books and although I liked the Kid Delicious book alot more-I thought they were both a great read.

With that in mind I pondered this scenario: What if Danny Basavich and Tony Annigoni had met on the road. Who would of got the best of this matchup? All opinions welcomed.

Mr441

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Danny would have won without breaking a sweat. Annigoni was never more than shortstop speed.

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
Danny would have won without breaking a sweat. Annigoni was never more than shortstop speed.

I used to play Tony in tournaments off and on for over a year (about 15 years ago)...I'd say he was maybe a little bit better than shortstop, but agree that Danny could've given him the seven.

Mr441

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used to play Tony in tournaments off and on for over a year (about 15 years ago)...I'd say he was maybe a little bit better than shortstop, but agree that Danny could've given him the seven.

Okay, maybe my definition of shortstop is slightly higher than what most people say. I consider a shortstop to be a lower level pro, better than Open or A+ speed. A lot of people tend to toss the term shortstop around like it's anyone who can beat a B player.

I agree that Annigoni getting the 7 from Danny sounds about right.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
i've read both books and although i liked the kid delicious book alot more-i thought they were both a great read.

With that in mind i pondered this scenario: What if danny basavich and tony annigoni had met on the road. Who would of got the best of this matchup? All opinions welcomed.

kd.................................................

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
The Kid gets the cash

Witnessed one of Annigoni's losses from the book.
He was playing on a GC-1 with reasonable cloth and Centennial balls.
...did a lotta alibiing :(

I've known Danny since he was 18..saw him win and lose.
He was a pleasure to have in any pool hall...win or lose.
Yeah, Danny could give some weight in this spot....
..and the longer they played, the more weight he could give.

Mitchxout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm enjoying the Annigoni book as we speak. What's the name of the KD book? Sounds like it will be next. :thumbup:

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
So I am guessing Tony's comment that he was about as good as Paul Potier when he stumbled into him in a pool hall was WAY off. Because back in the day Potier was right up there skillwise with Danny. Potier was a single, small step below Dan Louis, and Dan in the 1990's was a monster.

gromulan

Reality police
Silver Member
I've read both books and POTR is much better than RTT. RTT is very well written, but I have no idea how someone thinks a biography of a 23-year-old (who is still alive) is a good idea. Why not write a biography of someone who has had a full career, like Hopkins, Mizerak, Varner or Sigel, someone like that? Hell why not even Efren? Any of those would be far more interesting than the Kid Delicious book.

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
I've read both books and POTR is much better than RTT. RTT is very well written, but I have no idea how someone thinks a biography of a 23-year-old (who is still alive) is a good idea. Why not write a biography of someone who has had a full career, like Hopkins, Mizerak, Varner or Sigel, someone like that? Hell why not even Efren? Any of those would be far more interesting than the Kid Delicious book.

Or... Keith.... Ahem... Jam....