Tunica Ten Ball

brandoncook26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know how the remaining 8 players are being chosen, but I think Efren, Rodney, and Lee Vann should get in. They are all past winners of the 10 ball challenge at the derby. If it were me choosing, that would earn them a spot in the Tunica 10 ball.

Either way, all of the guys on the list are monsters. I had no plans to go to Tunica, but now I am considering seeing what I can do to make it happen.

BarneyCalip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is the entry fee?

I say two thousand a man.
Winner take all.
That's $32,000.

Something to play for!

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
ALL the players listed have an opportunity to get in. I just need confirmation and a deposit on the $1,000 entry fee. We only have four tables so it will be sixteen players again this year. In the future we may expand to 32 players and a higher entry fee with more money added.

Lee is raring to play, but he must earn his spurs first playing against the guys on this list. If I see him winning matches against any of these guys that is the only way to get invited. All the players I have invited are proven champions! And that's who we want in this event. The best of the best. I'm adding Raj Hundal and Manny Chau to the list.

Otterman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From a game and equipment standpoint, this is the perfect tournament structure for the modern pros (IMO). Can't make it down there during the work-week, so hope someone is streaming this!

Also, thanks for adding Stevie Moore, Jay. Hope he makes it into the final field.

barefoot3zk5

THE Kings, Alive and Well
Silver Member
If Accustats cant accommodate this stream .. Perhaps Big Truck Ray Hanson could be brought in to put his up for all to view .. Im thinkin he is wanting to do somethin there ..
Jus my humble opinion ..

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Mike Dechaine just confirmed his entry into this event. He is the ninth player to commit. Seven spots yet to fill.

Murdoch7627

Frank Reid aka "Fly Man"
Silver Member
Jay,

Sent deposit for Stevie Moore to you today. Will check with you on Friday to make sure you got it.

Frank

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
Jay,

Can you give us an update as to the players that have paid their entry and are confirmed for the tournament?

And also an updated list for the rest of the invitees who've yet to decide?

Thanks........

P.S. Any chance you need a rack-boy for this? I'll do it for free! :thumbup:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am constantly updating my original post and adding the names of confirmed entries into the Tunica Ten Ball. Just to clarify, this is NOT a Fatboy event! This one is wholly sponsored by Diamond Billiards. Thank you

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
Thanks for the update, Jay.

I don't suppose you can give any hints as to who might confirm next?

Looks like it's getting down to the nitty gritty.

I'd love to see Earl, Efren, Archer, Ralf, Corey and Schmidt get into this.

I suppose with only a select field of 16, there will always be a personal favorite not in the mix.

At this point, it would be hard to bet against a Busty vs. Orcollo finals. But, I'm sure that could change.

I'm really looking forward to this. It's an event for the ages.

Btw, any chance Thorston Hohmann would be up for this? The guy is a machine.

The only thing that would spice up this event more for me would be a "Legends" tournament with Sigel, Varner, Buddy, Incardona, etc. etc.

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Busty was confirmed. Now he's not?

Clerical error? Lol.

I really hope he re-confirms.

I spoke to Francisco yesterday. He is uncertain if he will make it to Tunica. Hopefully he will confirm before it's to late for him to get in.

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
Still waiting on word back from his backer. Another definite maybe. :smile:

Love him or hate him, I'd think that pretty much everyone wants to see Earl there for one reason or another.

Whether it be to win, as I hope he does, or to get his butt thumped.....like I'm sure many others wish..............

Either way, it becomes a show when Strickland is in the house.

I REALLY hope to see Busty, btw. I still think he and Orcollo would be the match of the Event.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
The payoffs for this event are as follows:
1. $12,000 2. $7,000 3-4. $3,500

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Some new additions to our field (see post #1). Many players remain questionable.