What Cloth?

Chadk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am wanting to recover a 7' home table. (leveling was also an objective)
I really had my mind made up that i wanted the best so had decided on Sinomis 860HR. There is at least one instalation company trying to talk me out of Sinomis and into Championship.

I spend allot of time on the home table. Almost daily. I primarally play on Bar boxes that would have Championship (at best), but I do occasionally play on larger tables with better quality cloth, depending on where one of my leagues winds up.

I realize I may be training myself one way playing on Sinomis at home while quite a bit of competition is on lesser cloth.

JoseV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Champion cloth is not a bad choice I played on an oversized 8 footer with new champion cloth loved it.

Dartman

Silver Member
I really had my mind made up that i wanted the best so had decided on Sinomis 860HR. There is at least one instalation company trying to talk me out of Sinomis and into Championship.

I spend allot of time on the home table. Almost daily. I primarally play on Bar boxes that would have Championship (at best), but I do occasionally play on larger tables with better quality cloth, depending on where one of my leagues winds up.

I realize I may be training myself one way playing on Sinomis at home while quite a bit of competition is on lesser cloth.

Probably because they have a difficult time installing Simonis which is common..
Regardless - Chump Ultra on a barbox plays fairly well. If that's what is used
in your area then it's probably a good choice to use on your home (practice) table.
Keep in mund that Chump offers several different styles of woven cloth and 1 worsted
(Tour Edition) cloth so you should find out exactly which style is mostly used in your area.
JMO

Last edited:

Brian in VA

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm a big fan of Simonis, love the way it plays and how long it lasts. I put it on my table at home because I wanted the best.

I figured if I practiced enough, my game should be good enough to allow me to adjust when I went somewhere with different cloth.

Since most of my playing / practice time takes place at home, I prefer to be happy.

YMMV

Brian in VA

Beware_of_Dawg

Silver Member
It was a close call when I covered my table... I spent a little extra getting 860 as opposed to a few other clothes (including the brands most common on the tables I play matches on) which were recommended by other people... Im happy I did. Get what makes you happy. They don't have to play on it everyday.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member

Since your table is smaller than most of those with Sinomis, I would go w/ the Championship. Hitting the right speed on that on the 7' would probably match better when U go big on the Sinomis. That's my 2 cent thinking. Hope it helps.

roberthans

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
English

I agree with English. I have an oversize eight. I put a cloth on it that looks a little like carpet. (didn't know any better then) When I go out and play on nine footers I have no adjustment period for speed because the slower cloth on the eight makes my stroke just about right on the faster nine.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Get the cloth you want or like. Find a 1st class installer to handle the job. If you want Simonis...get it.

Last edited: