Fractions With Pivots

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
I start from my initial estimation of the final angle and pivot inside or outside depending on which way I feel I’m off. If I was pivoting from the nearest fraction that would determine the pivot direction.

I don’t pivot by design - I just fine tune that way (assume we all do). This idea is about a way to do it consciously for the whole aiming process.

pj
chgo

Your "pivot" isn't quite what I'd consider a pivot, unless you do this when you're already down on the shot, without realigning your body or stance, opting to just move your bridge and grip hand a little in order to rotate the cue to what looks like the proper aim line. Or you do it while moving down into the shot, like a cte sweep.

It's better, for me anyway, to get the aim line while standing. Then step into that line, bending down into the shot, keeping that line (that point of aim to the ob) in focus the whole time. Once I'm down on the cb, if the shot doesn't look dead on I don't adjust with a pivot or slight change in my aim line. I stand up, reposition myself and my cue in accordance with the adjustment and then go back into the shot. I have discovered that adjusting my aim once I'm already in a shooting position is simply not a good practice.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Your "pivot" isn't quite what I'd consider a pivot, unless you do this when you're already down on the shot
That's how I "fine tune" my aim, and since I get down almost on the shot line with my contact point aiming method no stance adjustment is needed for the very small aim adjustment needed (like I said, I believe this is how we all finalize our aim).

It might not work that way for this method, where starting with a fractional alignment (especially when the balls are close together), might require a slight stance shift to the shot line.

pj
chgo

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Spider, you've just made a perfect observation on the most obnoxious person in this place.
I even made the stupid mistake also of trying to sincerely communicate with that person.
Back to permanent ignore for that joker.
Come to think of it, I think I'll just put the entire crew of them on permanent ignore. Not a confounded one of 'em knows what they're talking about. Not a one.
Who needs that stuff anyway.....*barf*

Almost 2 years ago when Mike Howerton posted the rules for the Aiming Forum, I made this post back to Mike. It was ignored. Still makes the most sense because the focus of his RULE was NO BASHING ANY AIMING SYSTEM. It has NOT stopped the individuals listed in my post and they continue to BASH A PARTICULAR AIMING SYSTEM. Here's the post:

09-26-2017, 04:36 AM

Quote:

{Originally Posted by AzHousePro View Post

OK, apparently this needs to be said again. I do not want to see anyone bashing another aiming system in any way.

If you have a positive experience with an aiming system, then feel free to post it. If you want to discuss the merits of an aiming system, then feel free. But for now, I don't want any comparisons as we all know that will just turn into bashing.

It is amazing to me that we have more reported posts about aiming systems than we do about politics.

This is going to be handled like baseball.

First offense will be a two week vacation.
Second offense will be a month.
Third will be a year.

My Post To Mike:

Do you really want to see the bashing come to an end? If so, this new rule certainly isn't doing very much.

Your last 3 lines above spell out BAN times. My suggestion is to not have BANS from the entire forum.

But certain individuals who habitually can't control themselves with the CTE Aiming System need to be forbidden to enter any conversation regarding the subject.

#1 on the list is LOU FIGUEROA. He was the primary attacker 20 years ago and still holds a vendetta for it and is the primary attacker today as evidenced in his latest posts. It never stops.

#2 is DAN White.

#3 is BC21, Brian.

#4 is.JoeyInCali

If #5 is coming back to the forum in the short future it would be Pat Johnson They have no control and revel in their creation of mayhem and dirt.

Prohibit them from entering into any discussion about CTE or CENTER TO EDGE; starting their own posts about it; interacting with any and all known CTE users reg proponents, and creator of CTE; bringing it up in any other threads related to another aiming system.

Do you want peace and quiet? Try it for one or two months as an experiment and I'll bet the aiming forum gets as quiet as an empty church. If you don't, nothing will change. It's in your hands Mike.] (end of post)

It will all change sometime in the near future, just not here. They will have no access to CTE just like none of them have access to key people and discussions on FB.

They can whine, cry, disparage all they want for another 20 years or go to their graveyard, whichever comes first. CTE will go on for a long time beyond all of them.

Last edited: