For Sale Seciton: You can comment BUT

dom_poppa

Banned
...that doesn't change the fact that the cue market is slow. I would like to see where all these guys are at, who were complaining about not being able to comment. I have been browsing the For Sale section and it's still slow.

I hate to say it, but was i right? The comments and over-bumping was not a clear indicator of the cue market. It was actually exaggerated.

It's not AZB's fault....it is a dead market.

jb1911

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Despite what the state controlled media says, the economy sucks and no one has any money.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Exactly

Despite what the state controlled media says, the economy sucks and no one has any money.

Exactly that's the markets, poor. When people are poor the market is poor and I look for it to stay that way for awhile.

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like that they turned the comments back on. Jmo. Still slow but there are good deals occasionally

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't care what they do to that section it's not going to make people by more cues ,, unless it's a good cue at a good price if you've had a cue on there for months and has 5 k views and it has not sold that might mean thier cue is priced to high ,,,,,maybe :rolleyes:

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thats not the problem,

The people that have money aren't buying cues. The new players that are coming into the game aren't buying high end cues. The are buying shafts, that cost $300 and hoping that makes the play great. They are buying Predators, OB's, Lucasi's and a host of other cues in that range.

These players might graduate to custom cues eventually, but I don't think so.

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
I've started browsing the section again, suspect others have as well. It is summer time, and or large sections of pool playing public it is a winter game.

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Best of Both Worlds

I like the recent changes. Members can comment and sellers can bump every 48 hours.

For those who say they favor Facebook, it seems the rules over there get looser by the day. Now sellers bump 2 and 3 times a day. When I see the same ads I saw yesterday, or 8 hours ago, I turn the page.

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
How do you know ?

...that doesn't change the fact that the cue market is slow. I would like to see where all these guys are at, who were complaining about not being able to comment. I have been browsing the For Sale section and it's still slow.

I hate to say it, but was i right? The comments and over-bumping was not a clear indicator of the cue market. It was actually exaggerated.

Your I Trader is still zero, if you want to help buy a cue and stop complaining

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like the recent changes. Members can comment and sellers can bump every 48 hours.

For those who say they favor Facebook, it seems the rules over there get looser by the day. Now sellers bump 2 and 3 times a day. When I see the same ads I saw yesterday, or 8 hours ago, I turn the page.

I thought they could bump every 48 before , unless I am missing something I see no change and the commets are way down

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
I thought they could bump every 48 before , unless I am missing something I see no change and the commets are way down

They are down because a lot of people have left. I used to go to work and come home and there would be 13 pages of new posts to view, but now there are usually no more than 8 to view.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member

You weren't right about anything, you don't actually participate in anything billiards,
and you say that you only buy on Ebay and it's all Predator.
You are always negative, nobody would want you commenting on their sale thread,
and the best thing you could do for the Wanted / For sale forum is leave.
It's a little creepy that you even care

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
How do you know ?

You sure wouldn't make it in the crowd I hang out with.

Silence is golden , but duct tape is silver :D and I never leave home without it

JasBy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Being on both facebook (in multiple groups) and a regular here has shown me one reality lately. Most of the for sale traffic is driven by a small number of high volume dealers/flippers/enthusiasts (choose your term) Most of the actual sales I am seeing are in the $500 and under range with the high end stuff just being posted over and over and over. There are some exceptions, but even John Barton is blowing out his 'higher end' cases at severe discounts because his movers are the ultimate ruggeds on the low end. And then the people buying at steep discounts are the ones immediately flipping the cases looking for a profit.
TL;DR = too many sellers, not enough price appropriate buyers.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
I think it's like anything else, it'll take time and I doubt that everyone knows the comments are back on. It is still slow, but it's better