What tip plays like the 'Old' Moori Mediums...?

Rain-Man

Team Deplorable
Silver Member
I have a question for anybody who used to use and like the 'Old' Moori medium tips...

What current tip would you say plays comparable to the old Moori Medium tip?

I have a local player who asked me the question, but since I only started playing seriously about 10 years ago, I have no idea how they played.

Last edited:

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
I play with G2's. To me are pretty similar to the old Moori's, but I would make sure to get them from www.g2cuetips.com/
Why take the chance, you know?

Anyway, the G2's seem a little softer but I've never had any issues with them, though I'm sure there are sure to be many dissenting opinions

Rain-Man

Team Deplorable
Silver Member
I play with G2's. To me are pretty similar to the old Moori's, but I would make sure to get them from www.g2cuetips.com/
Why take the chance, you know?

Anyway, the G2's seem a little softer but I've never had any issues with them, though I'm sure there are sure to be many dissenting opinions

I'm a G2 dealer, and play with G2's as well (G2 hard). My initial thought was to tell him G2's.

Rtstreet

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am using g2's now. But I'm gonna try the moori j tips. Could anybody
Explain the difference between the older and newer moori' other than
The number of layers.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have a question for anybody who used to use and like the 'Old' Moori medium tips...

Pretty sure pre-flag Masters chalk does.

CaleAYS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Favorite tip I ever had was an old moori medium. Once I tried a G2 medium thats whats Ive been using since. Closet thing Ive used as far as feel and maintenance.

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

If you like that spongy feel of the old Moori's - personally never liked Moori - I hear good things about G2 medium, never tried the medium, only the hard and it was ok - like Wizard and Triangle more.
In general I much prefer hard tips over medium.

Rain-Man

Team Deplorable
Silver Member
Favorite tip I ever had was an old moori medium. Once I tried a G2 medium thats whats Ive been using since. Closet thing Ive used as far as feel and maintenance.

I have another one of the top local players in my area (good friend of mine) who went through the complete gamut of tips. Couldn't find one he really liked. I think I installed around 10 different tips for him until I finally got him to try a G2 medium. He loved it so much, he made me put aside a stock of them just for him, just in case they ever went out of business, lol.. :thumbup:

Rain-Man

Team Deplorable
Silver Member
I'm going to have him take a look at this thread to see some opinions of other players out there.