Complete set of Ivory balls

asmith74

Where I pay homage
Silver Member
I was at league the other night and one of the guys I know told me he has a complete set of pure Ivory balls he inherited from his grandfather. While I think this may be a bit of a tall tale, It does beg the question. What do you think this would be worth? btw, please don't crucify me for this post...no, I don't want to rip him off. He's a good dude, and i'm not that way. I just want to relay the info to him.

9ballrob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is a picture of an ivory set. If the balls he has looks like these contact me.

IvoryBurtDoubleStripeBalls.jpg

PM, email rob@billiardbuyersgroup.com, or call 402-730-2315.

Thanks!

dacue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was at league the other night and one of the guys I know told me he has a complete set of pure Ivory balls he inherited from his grandfather. While I think this may be a bit of a tall tale, It does beg the question. What do you think this would be worth? btw, please don't crucify me for this post...no, I don't want to rip him off. He's a good dude, and i'm not that way. I just want to relay the info to him.
A lot of $$$, it really depends on there condition, also to be sure they are Ivory. I would get a few estimates of there value. lol

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If they look as good as 9ballrob's, they're worth a lot of money. I saw a set sold on Ebay that didn't look that good for $5500. The book about billiard collectibles by the Stellingas lists a similar set as $6500.

But it depends on what the guy actually has. The could be "clay" balls or they could be a set of carom balls (only three balls). Some people have been known to sell old Albany phenolic sets as "ivory".

Pictures would help a lot.