-The EYE Shaft- from Teague Custom Cues

SKILLZELITE

Universality
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hello AZB, I've recently purchased a Birds eye shaft
(aka-THE EYE SHAFT)from Dale Teague, founder of Teague Custom Cues..

I wanted to share the specs,and my thoughts, and opinions on this shaft ,as well as the Maker it comes from..
The Eye Shaft is made of 100% High Quality birds eye maple,there are variation availble from Teague such as a soft hitting shaft(#1), a medium hitting shaft(#2) and hard hitting shaft(#3) ,all of which have a very stiff hit,with low deflection (Very low deflection)...
I ordered the #2 at a 12.50 tip diameter,and a #3 at a standard 12.75 tip diameter , my order was placed 5 days prior Christmas day of 2011 ..
I wanted them ready ,and at my house by Christmas; very short notice ,as many of you know for a Custom Cue maker..
This didnt prevent Dale from coming through with the goods,not only did he come through with fast delivery, he also gave me a holiday discount ,which was nice considering how tight money is during this time of the year..
Dale was very formal ,and helpful through out the whole transaction; we discussed Scott Frost (American Pro Pool Player), who is a partial owner and client of THE EYE SHAFT line. Dale held nothing back when I questioned him on the choice shaft, diameter size and taper of Scotts eye shaft, I was surprise to find out that Scott Frost aka The Freezer tip size was 11.60:eek:, and that he doesnt use layered tips on his playing shaft, he uses the #2 eye shaft and saids it has much less squirt than
OB-1,and the classic and Predator 314,314-2,and the fat..

That Statement was what had led me to The Eye Shaft, I asked Dale by how much is the eye shaft lower in deflection than the Ob and predator, Dale said the Ob-1 had 7% deflection, Predator 314-2 6% deflection, and his Birds eye shaft were at 2% deflection.. I own a ob classic ,and a predator z-2, 314-2 ,and to me nothing was topping these shafts, so i was very skeptical of the eye shaft , and its claim of lower deflection than Ob1 and pred.314-2.. I say I was cause now that I have the eye shaft in my possession , after comparing for a few days with my predator 314-2 and Ob classic, it quickly became apparent that Dale Teague and Scott Frost wasnt lying when they said the eye shaft was certainly less deflective than the ob1,classic,pred 314-2, and fat..
Not only is the eye shaft less deflective than the shafts Ive mentioned, it also has way more feel, and a stiffer hit ,and it generates more spin on the cue ball than any ld shaft ive used (and I played with all of them) on the market ,production wise ,
That is not including the z2,but has more feel undoubtedly when compared to my z2.
If the fact that The Eye Shaft ,has a stiffer hit ,lower squirt, and produces more spin than the 314-2 ,and ob1,and classic isnt impressive enough for you ,perhaps the fact that its priced at a very affordable $165 will persuade you to give THE EYE SHAFT a try..

I was a skeptic myself initially ,but now know I own the stiffest, lowest deflecting shaft with great feel available to the billiard world to date..

Thank you Mr.Teague for your assistance , and thanks especially for this Great Ld Shaft...........:thumbup:

Last edited:

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Something you should consider before purchasing from Dale Teague, check the links below. Sorry to rain on your parade but its a hit or miss situation, seems like a 50/50 chance of getting screwed over. I myself never received shafts he was supposed to make me in trade for some advertising which he got over a years worth and I got the runaround. :cool:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=204945&highlight=dale+teague

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=8831&highlight=dale+teague

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=136395&highlight=teague