help on buying my first table

Flguti

Registered
so, my rails are going to the Mechanical on Thursday, found this guy in Canada that said he will fix them for me:

All Pro Billiards Services
170 Harris Rd.
Delaware, ON, N0L 1E0
Canada
Telephone: 519-871-9117
E-mail: allprobilliardservices@bellnet.ca

I will post his work as feedback in here

two questions:

1 he offered me Championship tour edition rubber for the cushions, any feedback, thought on it?

2 anyone knows where I can order new pockets for this table in an acceptable price?
I saw this set but I'm pretty sure it's not a good idea:
https://www.amazon.ca/Pro-5122-H-Re...id=1600659177&sprefix=pool+ta,aps,246&sr=8-19

thanks once again

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
so, my rails are going to the Mechanical on Thursday, found this guy in Canada that said he will fix them for me:

All Pro Billiards Services
170 Harris Rd.
Delaware, ON, N0L 1E0
Canada
Telephone: 519-871-9117
E-mail: allprobilliardservices@bellnet.ca

I will post his work as feedback in here

two questions:

1 he offered me Championship tour edition rubber for the cushions, any feedback, thought on it?

2 anyone knows where I can order new pockets for this table in an acceptable price?
I saw this set but I'm pretty sure it's not a good idea:
https://www.amazon.ca/Pro-5122-H-Re...id=1600659177&sprefix=pool+ta,aps,246&sr=8-19

thanks once again

I would use Diamond Black or Brunswick Super Speed cushions.

Go with these pockets. They are the best replacements available.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pool-Table...621815?hash=item19f4c34af7:g:yBkAAOSwaeFakYU8

The pockets you posted don’t look like they have the bosses to screw into the castings.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Forgot to mention. Ask him if he is going to recalibrate the rails and what angle he will reface the subrails. If he waivers at all, tells you it's not necessary or has no idea what you are talking about, he's not your guy.

All Brunswick tables older that the GCIII have to have the subrail bezel recut to properly accept the modern K55 cushions so the nose height is correct and the playing surface remains a full 100"x50".

Also, the pockets I referred above need to have the frame slightly modified to fit properly because they are larger than the original pockets. To my knowledge, no one makes a quality pocket in the exact dimensions as the original GCI pockets. You want to avoid the nail in type pockets as the nails usually come loose and breach the surface of the pocket which causes scratches on the balls. Gold Crowns have recessed screw in pockets so you should use the same. My mechanic made a template of the Gold Crown IV frame cutouts to use as a guide. Below are a couple of pics showing the frame modifications:

49574356466_fd7e9e7e79_z.jpg

49573849983_823ab870fd_z.jpg

49573848898_705dcfe12c_z.jpg

49574356751_782727d1f9_z.jpg

You might be able to get the pockets cheaper from the company's website. These are good quality pockets that will not mark your balls.

http://www.8th-zone.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=68_77&product_id=66

Last edited:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I haven't read all responses here but some good advice is being given from what I have read.

Where in Canada is the op located? Maybe we can suggest a good mechanic who services his area.

I did read a counter fix that looked like a winner with the nylon P-clips. I'll add to that by saying long ago when rkc was fixing up my gc-1 he asked me to run to home depot and bring back approx a foot of the thin black metal pallet straps. When I returned with it the counters were working perfect in 10 min and remain in good working order.

Once you get all of this sorted, you'll have a great table for a lifetime or two. :)

best,
brian kc

Flguti

Registered
I haven't read all responses here but some good advice is being given from what I have read.

Where in Canada is the op located? Maybe we can suggest a good mechanic who services his area.

I did read a counter fix that looked like a winner with the nylon P-clips. I'll add to that by saying long ago when rkc was fixing up my gc-1 he asked me to run to home depot and bring back approx a foot of the thin black metal pallet straps. When I returned with it the counters were working perfect in 10 min and remain in good working order.

Once you get all of this sorted, you'll have a great table for a lifetime or two. :)

best,
brian kc

Thanks man, I'm close to Toronto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flguti

Registered
Forgot to mention. Ask him if he is going to recalibrate the rails and what angle he will reface the subrails. If he waivers at all, tells you it's not necessary or has no idea what you are talking about, he's not your guy.

All Brunswick tables older that the GCIII have to have the subrail bezel recut to properly accept the modern K55 cushions so the nose height is correct and the playing surface remains a full 100"x50".

Also, the pockets I referred above need to have the frame slightly modified to fit properly because they are larger than the original pockets. To my knowledge, no one makes a quality pocket in the exact dimensions as the original GCI pockets. You want to avoid the nail in type pockets as the nails usually come loose and breach the surface of the pocket which causes scratches on the balls. Gold Crowns have recessed screw in pockets so you should use the same. My mechanic made a template of the Gold Crown IV frame cutouts to use as a guide. Below are a couple of pics showing the frame modifications:

49574356466_fd7e9e7e79_z.jpg

49573849983_823ab870fd_z.jpg

49573848898_705dcfe12c_z.jpg

49574356751_782727d1f9_z.jpg

You might be able to get the pockets cheaper from the company's website. These are good quality pockets that will not mark your balls.

http://www.8th-zone.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=68_77&product_id=66

Thank you for the two replies, will take a look on those, I'm thinking in keep my pockets, they are not that bad at all, just a bit bit up in the borders on top

Let's see

Thank you very much

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you for the two replies, will take a look on those, I'm thinking in keep my pockets, they are not that bad at all, just a bit bit up in the borders on top

Let's see

Thank you very much

Understood but if you are going to have to replace them eventually, now is the time when everything is apart so you can properly modify the frame for the slightly larger pockets to fit correctly.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
There are 2 camps for this:
Cut the pocket camp
or
Cut the frame camp.

I am in the cut the pocket camp. I can trim a pocket out this this, so the pocket fits right under. Just another way of doing it.

TFT

Understood but if you are going to have to replace them eventually, now is the time when everything is apart so you can properly modify the frame for the slightly larger pockets to fit correctly.

Attachments

• 76205024_1150970835112943_9194926575827550208_o (3).jpg
    76205024_1150970835112943_9194926575827550208_o (3).jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 122

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
Looks good but must be jinxed. The leave on every break is horrendous. o_O

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks good, but where's the ball tray in the foot apron? Is it a converted snooker table?

50845347022_cbfd77a6de_b.jpg

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mine is a commercial model, there was no ball tray

At least that's what I found out with some research

All Gold Crowns were commercial models and all had ball storage trays. It looks like your table has two foot aprons.

Last edited:

Flguti

Registered
Mine is not a snooker table, I made the marks because I like to play it once in a while, but it's a pool tabe 9x4,5