Antonio Lining on the road update

NorthCarolinian

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Huckster, has Lining gambled with anyone yet, if so, who, for how much and what was the spot and who won?

The only guys I think will play him even are Alex, Archer, Mika, Parica, and maybe Schmidt, Rodney Morris, Shannon Daulton, Jeremy Jones, Charlie Williams, Amar Kang,an Tony Watson. If Antonio can beat this list he will go back to the Phillipines a very rich man. Of course this list of players is for nine-ball. If he played one pocket he will probably get a little more action.
Lets not forget Santos.
No doubt Antonio will need a little weight to play Cliff Joyner and Jose Parica in one- pocket, maybe others as well.

Thats 11 opponents in nine-ball , I will guess if Lining is here is for three months he will see about eight of these guys and only he will only play 3 or 4 of them. Some may not play Antonio but I can't see Antonio asking Alex, Archer, Mika, or Parica to gamble any.

condor

Registered
NorthCarolinian said:
Huckster, has Lining gambled with anyone yet, if so, who, for how much and what was the spot and who won?

The only guys I think will play him even are Alex, Archer, Mika, Parica, and maybe Schmidt, Rodney Morris, Shannon Daulton, Jeremy Jones, Charlie Williams, Amar Kang,an Tony Watson. If Antonio can beat this list he will go back to the Phillipines a very rich man. Of course this list of players is for nine-ball. If he played one pocket he will probably get a little more action.
Lets not forget Santos.
No doubt Antonio will need a little weight to play Cliff Joyner and Jose Parica in one- pocket, maybe others as well.

Thats 11 opponents in nine-ball , I will guess if Lining is here is for three months he will see about eight of these guys and only he will only play 3 or 4 of them. Some may not play Antonio but I can't see Antonio asking Alex, Archer, Mika, or Parica to gamble any.

Hello NorthCarolinian

Huckster could be on the road with Antonio already...
Antonio has already matched-up with Efren and Busta. Unless he considers Archer,Mika,Alex, and Parica better than either Efren or Busta, I see no reason why he shouldn't play them. But why kill your own action...

The day that Shannon Daulton beat Santos out of $4000 in Northridge,Ca.(Billiard Connection), both Dennis Hatch and Roger Griff. were there. So were Antonio and Ramil G. None of them wanted any part of Antonio nor Ramil.I was there. But you're right about one-pocket (and bank pool). True to his form, Shannon barked back at Antonio's backer(s), suggesting $1000 a game of bank pool. Silence followed...

huckster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
NorthCarolinian said:

Lets not forget Santos.

Will you be backing any of the above mentioned players?

cueball1950

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis Hatch????????????

condor said:
Hello NorthCarolinian

Huckster could be on the road with Antonio already...
Antonio has already matched-up with Efren and Busta. Unless he considers Archer,Mika,Alex, and Parica better than either Efren or Busta, I see no reason why he shouldn't play them. But why kill your own action...

The day that Shannon Daulton beat Santos out of $4000 in Northridge,Ca.(Billiard Connection), both Dennis Hatch and Roger Griff. were there. So were Antonio and Ramil G. None of them wanted any part of Antonio nor Ramil.I was there. But you're right about one-pocket (and bank pool). True to his form, Shannon barked back at Antonio's backer(s), suggesting $1000 a game of bank pool. Silence followed...

Is Dennis back playing again. I know he has been trying to get back on some tours and the promoters are being a little cautious on letting him play after what happened outside Buffalo a couple of years ago....was just curious when the above happened...........................................mike

condor

Registered
cueball1950 said:
Is Dennis back playing again. I know he has been trying to get back on some tours and the promoters are being a little cautious on letting him play after what happened outside Buffalo a couple of years ago....was just curious when the above happened...........................................mike

I haven't heard anything on Dennis Hatch for few years now. The Shannon/Santos match took place before Dennis' troubles. It seems we lost two fine players from that time, Dennis Hatch and Tang Hoa who was also present at the session.

satman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A few years ago a friend of mine ran into Antonio down in Texas. This guy is a fairly strong road player when the cash is up. Antonio offered the 6 and my friend thought they had the nuts. Then he watched the guy play. He said Antonio comes to the table every shot like he expects to run 10 racks. He said it was like playing Efren but the guy has a very strong break. I'd love to see him play. Sam

miko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nickoy is a great player and a nice person. I remember during the 2002 Asian 8ball, we were telling Efren that he will surely bag the title since there were not much big names from other countries. His answer to us was something like "don't be too sure, nickoy is also playing in the tournament". Shows how much Efren respects nickoy's game. And truly enough, the 2 of them faced each other in the finals. Efren won that one though.

bandido

Player Power!
Silver Member
Drake said:
How about a game with Archer?? Email me at Drakeshark@aol.com

I'm guessing that you haven't asked Johnny about Nikoy.
Ask him about his statement " Nikoy is one guy that you'll hate drawing in the first round"

I'm sure that at their level though, it's anybody's ballgame.

OnePocketKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why dont you send him through Texas, I know a NUMBER of people that are possibly interested. 409 370 0338, names Clay

gromulan

Reality police
Silver Member
Of the 11 guys you mention I would be willing to bet that no more than 4 of them will play Linning nine ball (betting decent stakes) without getting weight. What's more while it's open to debate as to whether he needs weight playing one-pocket you can bet a fair amount that he's not going to get offered much, if anything - by anyone.

NorthCarolinian said:

Lets not forget Santos.

TwizteD

Im Rick James BISH!!
cueball1950 said:

no tours but he has been showing up at the local hall playing a lil...hes still amazing and i think 1 of the best pool players. he was playing a asain guy buy the name of Jockey? from rochester about 3 weeks ago on a tue night
and i sat there till till 1:30 and watched them play...dennis also played our local quartley tourney as a 12-2 which he ovbiously won..they let him in as a favor and now he is no longer aloud 2 play at all in the local tourneys. he did come in after a tourney 1 sat night about 2 months ago also and was playing a grand a srt with a pretty good local guy..i 4 got the weight he gave the local....ohh and last tue night he went up 2 canada with the owner of the local hall and a good local player he hangs around with and played...the owner of the local hall i belive was his backer...ill keep ya posted on any more info....he usually comes around only when his uncle mark is playing in the local bigger tourneys. But if its a normal night within 2hrs of his arrival alot of outta good outta towners show up..lol jeez i wonder why

TwizteD

Im Rick James BISH!!
ok and i guess he will be allowed 2 play in out local Grand Masters Runout 8-Ball Championship on may 15th.....u can check out the link hereClassic Cue Billiards Tourney Info his uncle will be playing this this also...our top player would be dennis and mark hatch,jerry howard,eddie rosa Jr,Mike Petrie
,and tom oats

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
condor said:
It seems we lost two fine players from that time, Dennis Hatch and Tang Hoa who was also present at the session.

Tang's playing again. He played at the UPA at the Bicycle Club and was playing at Hard Times. He's a gambler.

Chris

henho

I Beat Fidelshnitzer
Silver Member
Can someone tell me why Tang stopped playing in the first place? He seemed to be a real champion, and had an interesting story (he started playing pool pretty late compared to most pros).

condor

Registered
henho said:
Can someone tell me why Tang stopped playing in the first place? He seemed to be a real champion, and had an interesting story (he started playing pool pretty late compared to most pros).

A friend of Tang told me "poker,poker,poker". Translation : more money.

cueball1950

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
TwizteD said:
ok and i guess he will be allowed 2 play in out local Grand Masters Runout 8-Ball Championship on may 15th.....u can check out the link hereClassic Cue Billiards Tourney Info his uncle will be playing this this also...our top player would be dennis and mark hatch,jerry howard,eddie rosa Jr,Mike Petrie
,and tom oats

well i don't think you will see him play at the Joss event in rochester anytime soon. and it is to bad. he is 1 hell of a player. by the way. what ever happened with the charges related to the robbery. did he ever go to trial for it. i know the 2 kids who implicated him pleaded guilty after naming him as an accomplice. but you never heard anything about it again.............mike

NorthCarolinian

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BTW, I would bet on but not back Archer, Alex, Mika, and Jose. All of them even. In one pocket I'd take Cliff and Jose. If they play in NC and I know about it I will put up a small chunk on any of these players over Antonio.