Aramith Stone Balls Question

superflychief

Registered
Hey everybody. I ordered a set of these off ebay. It's actually an online store that just sells stuff on ebay. Tons of great feedback, so I wasn't worried. My question is, I thought Aramith was known for their quality. When I received the set, I was quite dissapointed in the quality. Several of the numbers have jagged edges instead of a nice smooth lines, the 10 ball stripe didn't even line up on both sides. I contacted the seller and he said he's never had a problem with the stone balls before let alone any aramith product, so he sent me some replacement balls. A couple of them were better, but there were also a couple that were terrible again with the numbers having rough edges. Does anybody have a set of these that they can verify if the guy is selling bad sets or is it just how the stone balls come? Thanks in advance.

Greg

i too would like to know

Hey everybody. I ordered a set of these off ebay. It's actually an online store that just sells stuff on ebay. Tons of great feedback, so I wasn't worried. My question is, I thought Aramith was known for their quality. When I received the set, I was quite dissapointed in the quality. Several of the numbers have jagged edges instead of a nice smooth lines, the 10 ball stripe didn't even line up on both sides. I contacted the seller and he said he's never had a problem with the stone balls before let alone any aramith product, so he sent me some replacement balls. A couple of them were better, but there were also a couple that were terrible again with the numbers having rough edges. Does anybody have a set of these that they can verify if the guy is selling bad sets or is it just how the stone balls come? Thanks in advance.

Greg

superflychief

Registered
There are local Aramith dealers, but none of them stock the Stone balls. They would need to be ordered. I've attached a couple of pictures. The 10 ball is obvious with the stripe not lining up. The 2 and 13 might be a bit harder to see, but the top of the 2 and bottom of the 3 on the 13 are jagged edges instead of nice smooth lines. Some of the other balls aren't as bad but it looks like the numbers are scratched. Very dissapointing.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/12/13ball.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/209/2ball.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/713/10ball.jpg/

Sorry couldn't figure out how to imbed the photos.

Joe P.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unfortunately I think it is just a lack of quality with Aramith's novelty ball sets. I had the Great White set and as you can see they didn't hold up well, had these 6 months

Attachments

• 2013-01-23_13-00-48_605.jpg
    2013-01-23_13-00-48_605.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 895

superflychief

Registered
Unfortunately I think it is just a lack of quality with Aramith's novelty ball sets. I had the Great White set and as you can see they didn't hold up well, had these 6 months

wow that's brutal :eek:. How can a company that says they are the best in pool balls put out garbage like that? For balls to look like that after 6mths is a joke. Any warranty on those?

Now I'm wishing I didn't buy these "beautiful" balls and just stuck with a regular Aramith set.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wow that's brutal :eek:. How can a company that says they are the best in pool balls put out garbage like that? For balls to look like that after 6mths is a joke. Any warranty on those?

I am sure that if you complained to Aramith- well, you woulldn't get a response, really- they would say that your quality requirements would be better met by one of their preimum ball sets.

They ain't no dummies
They ain't givin nothin away
They ain't admittin no fault
They aint answering no emails!

Actuallly, I wonder if Aramith's customer service has improved, now that Simonis has taken ownership...hmmmmmm?

Joe P.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I tried to get them replaced and only got a run around. I had a set of Premiums before that, and have Super Pro tv balls now. Never had a problem with any of them except the shark balls. Good luck with them, maybe you will make out better. Will the seller refund your money?

superflychief

Registered
I haven't tried for a refund yet. The seller just sent me some replacement balls to replace some of the worst ones from the original set. They were only marginally better. Still garbage in my opinion. I definitely don't want to keep them if they are going to look like the shark ones that were posted. :mad:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am surprised that players feel that novelty balls should be serious pool balls. What part of novelty is hard to understand?

I don't think I would be very demanding when it comes to such a product. But that's me.