What cues are on your "must collect" list?

Sam at TAP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Black Boar for me

Anything coming out of Tony's Black Boar shop is fine by me. I own one..sister cue to Bustamantes cue he won a pro event with. Only 5 of those made.

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fanelli

A butterfly cue by Paul Fanelli. His designs were totally unique and perfectly executed.

Attachments

• Fanelli - aca8329f740c792fe39537235c0a54cd.jpg
    Fanelli - aca8329f740c792fe39537235c0a54cd.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 668

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
2 full splice hustler from Ernie omori

Ebony nose curly purple heart
60 inch
Thin butt

The other same way in another wood combo

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd like to have my old 4-point ebony cue that Richard Black made for me in 1978 back.

I sold it in the Philippines in the last part of 1981 or early 1982 to a young guy in the Air Force who was from TX (I think) because he kept bugging me to sell it to him. I had just ordered another new cue from Richard and as soon as I got it, I sold the first one. That was a mistake...the second one didn't play as well.

It was a simple ebony 4-point with light blue, light green, silver, and black veneers (from what I can remember) with a white/green speck Irish linen wrap.

It was about 4 years old when I sold it to the guy and I sold it for what I paid for it new ($175). It would be worth about 10 times that now.

pookster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Half steel joint searing or the SW franklin titlist I sold to dexter...oh and 6 points BB also

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
I'd like a Bushka, Searing, Showman, Kersenbrock, 8 point Barry or Gus, and an inlaid SW...Ya know, not much :wink:

Lesh

One Hole Thinkifier
Silver Member
My Catalog isn't too large:

Judd Fuller (whatever model # this one is. I love the starbursts)
judd-102-tn.jpg

Jerry Rauenzahn - Because, unbelievable beauty.
cue1183-6_med.jpg

Randy Mobley - He has been a favorite for a while now.
285_IMGP0384.JPG

Regards,

Lesh

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
Have my eyes on a mint r1 schon
Wouldn't mind a old d17 mcdermott
Maybe a gold letter joss if I could find one in good condition
Joey Bautista cue if I come across one would easily make it in the case.
Sugartree I used to own
Mason H I used to own

New cue I'm on Joel's list

MalibuMike

Banned
Schon R14's!

My Schon R14's
and my one of one '93 LTD, first of the dogbone series!
All R14's! All STL15's Dogbone!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20160927_190323.jpg
    IMG_20160927_190323.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 681
  • IMG_20160927_190354.jpg
    IMG_20160927_190354.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 760
  • IMG_20160927_190233.jpg
    IMG_20160927_190233.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 707
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 702
  • 20150227_190541.jpg
    20150227_190541.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 678

Baron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a few that were on my to-collect list and I managed to procure them but in a fit of abject idiocy I went and sold them. Those were a Bluegrass birdseye merry widow, an old Lambros pre-ultra joint sneaky pete, a cool fancier Lambros, a Scruggs true sneaky (which I got before he passed and the Facebook vultures started jacking the prices on his cues), a Diviney sneaky pete, a Runde era Schon R-1, and a Tascarella that I sold to a friend when the Tasc I currently play with came in. These are all more or less back on my to-collect list.

Besides those: I'd like another Tasc (an ebony one), Southwest, Bobby Hunter, Scruggs, Schon R-6, Joss West, Sugartree, fancy Tad and maybe a Cohen.

I've also got a couple of long blocks of old Brazilian rosewood and those are probably also going to the Petes.

flyvirginiaguy

Classic Cue Lover
Silver Member
Not sure I will ever see them all , but the ones I have on order

Hercek ordered 2004
Searing ordered 2008
Kenny Koo ordered 2009
Joey Bautista ordered 2016 (I will definitely get that one)

-dj
You would be better off investing in unusable types of manure if putting any value in that 2008 order date.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The thing about pool cues is everybody has an opinion about what & which design looks good,
or great, the price you paid, the specs or features you ordered, the cue-maker, the amount of the
down-payment, the method of shipping you chose, the cue-maker's waiting period, the design
was not original....the design was a clone, tribute, copy, replica....blah, blah, blah.....and heaven
help us all if the cue contained any ivory.....another pachyderm was needlessly slaughtered so
a pool cue could have ivory ferrules, etc.......the end game is that people will think what they will
and unfortunately, often times not only express their opinions on the Forum but try imposing them.

You pay for a cue what "you" think a cue is worth, not what the seller tells you it is worth. So when
you disagree with a seller's asking price, you do the research. Therein lies the problem because
a lot of opinions about pool cues are tossed around without possessing any truly reliable knowledge.

Last edited:

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You pay for a cue what "you" think a cue is worth, not what the seller tells you it is worth. So when you disagree with a seller's asking price, you do the research. Therein lies the problem because a lot of opinions about pool cues are tossed around without possessing any truly reliable knowledge.

And we should all pay tribute to the that wonderful technological marvel we call the internet which turns opinion into fact.

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
I'd like to have my old 4-point ebony cue that Richard Black made for me in 1978 back.

I sold it in the Philippines in the last part of 1981 or early 1982 to a young guy in the Air Force who was from TX (I think) because he kept bugging me to sell it to him. I had just ordered another new cue from Richard and as soon as I got it, I sold the first one. That was a mistake...the second one didn't play as well.

It was a simple ebony 4-point with light blue, light green, silver, and black veneers (from what I can remember) with a white/green speck Irish linen wrap.

It was about 4 years old when I sold it to the guy and I sold it for what I paid for it new ($175). It would be worth about 10 times that now.

I don't blame you, I like the Black cues from that era. By the way, I have never seen a silver forearm point veneer. Are you sure about that?

All the best,
WW

Last edited:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Could a gray color veneer be mistaken for silver or referred to as such?
When I think of silver, I think of the shiny metal like nickel used in rings
and stitches but could that term also be used for a veneer color's shade?