Need Help on Meucci M-08

crawfish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I recently picked up a Meucci Chess Cue. The cue was a two owner, two shafts (one near perfect with old good wood, the other tip doesn't leave the table, but has a little taper roll. It is two inches longer than normal. Snooker?) Couple of cracks in the white joint, but nothing separated. Great cue. Red, blue, red veneers. It even came in an older box case like the one in the Color of money. It has rubber at all of the edges, leather.

Okay, that being said. What's a good price on this baby? I'll get pics this weekend. Can you guys give me a range? Thanks for your help.

Fish.

Jim Baxter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 99.9%
688   1   0
i recently picked up a meucci chess cue. The cue was a two owner, two shafts (one near perfect with old good wood, the other tip doesn't leave the table, but has a little taper roll. It is two inches longer than normal. Snooker?) couple of cracks in the white joint, but nothing separated. Great cue. Red, blue, red veneers. It even came in an older box case like the one in the color of money. It has rubber at all of the edges, leather.

Okay, that being said. What's a good price on this baby? I'll get pics this weekend. Can you guys give me a range? Thanks for your help.

Fish.

pictures????????????????????????????????

jjollie

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Keith,

I would think it would be worth at least $500-600 to someone that collects old Meucci Originals. You did'nt see mary of these back in the day. I thought I had owned every Meucci ever made at one time or another ,but I never had one of that model.

Hopes this helps...

jjollie

crawfish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I'll take some pics over the weekend. Nice old cue. Even cooler case. Jolley, pm me and give me your number if you're interested. I know you like those Meucci's. This cue will definitely be for sale. I just want a reasonable idea of low and high number.

jhendri2

Rack'em Sausage
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Keith,

I would think it would be worth at least $500-600 to someone that collects old Meucci Originals. You did'nt see mary of these back in the day. I thought I had owned every Meucci ever made at one time or another ,but I never had one of that model.

Hopes this helps...

jjollie

I would think that's strong for a cue with cracks in the joint. I would think closer to $350 in todays market.

That being said, let me know what you're looking to get for it and we may be able to work something out.

Jim

crawfish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I would think that's strong for a cue with cracks in the joint. I would think closer to $350 in todays market.

That being said, let me know what you're looking to get for it and we may be able to work something out.

Jim

The cracks aren't separated. It's only a phenallic sleeve. If someone replaced that, it would look really nice. It's playable the way it is. Cue plays really solid. I threw out a rack and hit a few with it. I'm thinking the case alone would bring around a buck. It is really nice. Once I get all of the facts and clean the shafts, I'll come up with a cash price. Thanks all. I'll take pictures this weekend and post them. I may "Bay" it. But, I'll offer it here, first.

crawfish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Low to high range? Come on you Meucci guys. I don't want to gouge anybody, but I don't want to give it away, either.

robert777

Robert777
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I'm thinking around the $375 - $450 range in it's current unrestored condition. jjollie is right regarding this model and how many are floating around. I don't know if it was due to availability or a lack of demand. Either way this model is harder to find than say an MO-7 or MO-12 IMHO.

Robert

Joel Chue

Billiard Enthusiast, custom cue & memorbilia
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Blue book says 70 % 575.00 ,but I agree in todays market lucky to get 350.00 -400.00 , in that shape ,Hence I have 1 like it nice old cues. you can hang on to it and value may go up. value is really only what people will pay for it,but meucci took a hard hit on it value and reputation. collectors like myself may be interested but the better the shape the better the money.

crawfish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Blue book says 70 % 575.00 ,but I agree in todays market lucky to get 350.00 -400.00 , in that shape ,Hence I have 1 like it nice old cues. you can hang on to it and value may go up. value is really only what people will pay for it,but meucci took a hard hit on it value and reputation. collectors like myself may be interested but the better the shape the better the money.

Joel, it is definitely over 70%. The only problems is really with the hairlines in the joint sleeve. It's just the sleeve and you can't really feel them. It's a sleeve, not the whole joint. The joint is in tact. The rest of the cue is really cool. Couple of spots here and there, but nothing to put a negative on. For it's age, 80-85%. If not for the sleeve, 90%. The shafts and ferrules are great. I wish all shafts were that older tighter grained wood. Thanks for the input. I have had quite the interest already. Already offered a little more than your guess without even seeing it. So, you're close to in line. I think the pics will help. This one has the white points with the veneers. I've never even seen one like it.

crawfish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Okay, found out because of the red, white, and blue veneers it is supposed to be a Bicentennial cue. Confirm? Help a az'er out.