FS: Quality Maple Shaft Dowels 1" x 30"

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member

SOLD OUT UNTIL END OF 2020.
Quality Maple Shaft Dowels For Sale

Unsorted 1" x 30" excellent quality vacuum kiln dried maple cue shaft dowels. Predominantly straight grained and clear. These dowels have been and are currently being used by many top level cuemakers.

The dowels are pre-boxed or boxed at random. I don't allow anyone to sort or pick through my stock. There is a natural distribution of growth rings, dowel weights, etc., for these dowels and your box of dowels will reflect this. FedEx Ground shipping in continental USA is included.

All sales are final: I will not allow anyone to sort through their shipment and return dowels. These dowels are an excellent value and I believe you'll be pleased! Verified PayPal is okay. There is a shipping surcharge for Alaska and Hawaii. California add 7.75% sales tax.

Box of 50 = 450.00 shipped (9.00 each with 50 or more pieces).
Box of 25 = 250.00 shipped. (minimum order is 25 pieces).

Last edited:

jazznpool

Gold Member
Silver Member
Also limited supply of AA grade dowels. See front page of website for details. TY.

pip9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Martin

Do you sell in smaller quantities to a new part time cue maker?

Thanks,

phil

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

JC

Coos Cues
Also limited supply of AA grade dowels. See front page of website for details. TY.

So after you pick out the AA dowels what happens to the rest of the batch?

Or does your supplier do that ahead of time for you?

Either way it sounds like if we buy the "unsorted" dowels we can be fairly certain they will not contain any AA shafts right?

jazznpool

Gold Member
Silver Member
So after you pick out the AA dowels what happens to the rest of the batch?

Or does your supplier do that ahead of time for you?

Either way it sounds like if we buy the "unsorted" dowels we can be fairly certain they will not contain any AA shafts right?

NOBODY but NOBODY picks or chooses my dowels or handles. NOBODY. They are boxed at random. There are certainly AA type dowels in the A grade and there are A grade dowels in the AA. Why? Because the supplier isn't perfect and they grade primarily on ring count and overall grain straightness. Both grades of dowels are used by almost every maker of cues on my site--some of the very best cuemakers on the planet Earth.

I bought 2 different grades of wood earlier in the year. The higher grade was not made available to me for a few years because it was all going to China. I was fortunate to be able to buy a limited number of AA dowels to offer my customers along with the A dowels which are really quite nice. That's the long and short of it.

jazznpool

Gold Member
Silver Member
Hi Martin

Do you sell in smaller quantities to a new part time cue maker?

Thanks,

phil

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I sell 25 dowels minimum Phil. It just isn't worth the effort to process a transaction, box, label and drive the package to FedEx for fewer dowels. Atlas and Cuestock probably sell in lower quantity. Best of luck to you.

JC

Coos Cues
NOBODY but NOBODY picks or chooses my dowels or handles. NOBODY. They are boxed at random. There are certainly AA type dowels in the A grade and there are A grade dowels in the AA. Why? Because the supplier isn't perfect and they grade primarily on ring count and overall grain straightness. Both grades of dowels are used by almost every maker of cues on my site--some of the very best cuemakers on the planet Earth.

I bought 2 different grades of wood earlier in the year. The higher grade was not made available to me for a few years because it was all going to China. I was fortunate to be able to buy a limited number of AA dowels to offer my customers along with the A dowels which are really quite nice. That's the long and short of it.

Thank you for the clarification Martin

I have been satisfied with the shaft wood I have bought from you