Jennifer Barretta, Emily Duddy, and Dr. Dave

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think with Emily it's the Vegan Vibe. Rogan jokes about how vegans can't wait to tell you of their vegan awesomeness. Emily is that way with pool.

And that show she was a total set up and her statement (yes statement) about the money out there was total fluff BS. She makes far more money playing "Professional Pool" than any B playing male I've heard of. The reason she doesn't make Shane money isn't her gender, it's her B level skills.

And Jennifer even called her on the way she shakes her a$$ to shark opponents. If you want to be a Pro, at the least act like a Pro (if you can't shoot like a Pro for the Earl haters).

Dr Dave is honest and I respect him. I would love taking lessons from him. And I love the Byrnes name drop (loved that guy RIP sir).

And Rollie, God love him, he humbles himself like a champ. Got a feeling if him and Emily matched up, he would need too much weight to play her based on their relatively close Fargorates. Dr Dave and Rollie, Please Keep Doing What You're Doing. Love you guys...

PS, Emily, you would kick my butt on the table no doubt, but I'm a C player, Most B player can. You may make your $ as a Pro, but please, you don't shoot as a Pro (YET). Keep working, you'll get there and jerks like me (who do respect the skills you posses not the ones you claim "Pro Player") will give you your due. Love you too...

I understand your comments and agree that she "seems" to think she is more than she actually is. But, in person and off camera she most definitely doesn't act like or profess to be a "pro" but, she was a very nice young lady.

No pro will ask "me" for weight? She ask me for much, much more weight than I could give her.

Then again, Jennifer did to so, there's that. Although, Jennifer didn't ask for the farm.....just the barn.

I still say we should give these ladies respect, regardless of how we think they rate as a player.

BTW, Pete, I wasn't implying that you weren't being respectful. I didn't see anything disrespectful in your comments. Some people have been but, this is a public forum and it's to.be expected.

Good post,

Jeff

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Dr Dave,

Your biggest short attention span fan here;)

I watched this video, from start to finish, in one sitting. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Good work.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hi Dr Dave,

Your biggest short attention span fan here;)

I watched this video, from start to finish, in one sitting. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Good work.
Wow! Start to finish ... one sitting ... I am very impressed. :grin-square:

Thank you for your positive feedback. I appreciate it.

Best regards,
Dave

PS: Nice job with being up 6-2 on the ghost in your recent video. You see ... it is possible to improve! :grin:

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
What do the three of us have in common? You might think good looks, but not everyone would agree. Actually we have all been recently interviewed by and gave a lesson to pool YouTube personality Rollie Williams. Here is his latest video featuring me:

Billiards expert Dr. Dave gives Rollie a pool master class | From Average To Good

He got me to act a little sillier on camera than I normally do in instructional pool videos.

Check it out,
Dave

PS: The video is long. Sorry about that. But some of you might find things interesting and funny throughout.
FYI, somebody with way too much time on their hands just did a "super cut" of Rollie's video showing me say Rollie's name 84 times during the video! I knew I was saying his name a lot, but I had no idea I said it that many times.

Rollie, if you're listening. Good job, Rollie!

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Finally had time to watch the full 51 minutes...can't wait until I reach the pool hall in a few days to try some of this out. Kudos to you, Dr, Dave.

jeephawk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dr. Dave - fun video! I have some of your online "dvds" and enjoy them - my math teacher wife is very jealous of my t-shirt, lol.

For some reason when I was an undergrad at U of I and saw the original and colorful paperback edition of Bob Byrne's book I couldn't resist buying it, but other than using it as a rules reference the diagrams kind of seemed more than I wanted to study and we played for fun in bars and pool rooms and "real" practice never occurred to us - too many other distractions. I got an updated version last year after watching one of his old videos online - boy, what an idiot for not getting into this stuff 40 years ago, lol. Always found it interesting that he was from Iowa, we lived in Dubuque a short time when we were first married, but he wasn't back yet - he was a fascinating man. Enjoyed reading about how you came by his table - must seem priceless to you, that's awesome.

Anyway, thanks for your contributions!

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Q for Dr Dave: the video states (from memory) you started playing pool to to help with physics classes?

Can you give us more details on how you started? When you hit your first ball? When you got “the pool bug” and transitioned from banger to D, C , B and wherever you are now? For arguments sake let’s call Fargo 500 a C and Fargo 575 a B. I have no idea what a D or Banger would be.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dr. Dave - fun video! I have some of your online "dvds" and enjoy them - my math teacher wife is very jealous of my t-shirt, lol.
I'm happy to hear the shirt has created some envy.

For some reason when I was an undergrad at U of I and saw the original and colorful paperback edition of Bob Byrne's book I couldn't resist buying it, but other than using it as a rules reference the diagrams kind of seemed more than I wanted to study and we played for fun in bars and pool rooms and "real" practice never occurred to us - too many other distractions. I got an updated version last year after watching one of his old videos online - boy, what an idiot for not getting into this stuff 40 years ago, lol. Always found it interesting that he was from Iowa, we lived in Dubuque a short time when we were first married, but he wasn't back yet - he was a fascinating man. Enjoyed reading about how you came by his table - must seem priceless to you, that's awesome.
The table is definitely special to me. Robert Byrne contributed greatly to our sport.

Anyway, thanks for your contributions!
You're welcome. I aim to swerve. :grin-square:

Regards,
Dave

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Q for Dr Dave: the video states (from memory) you started playing pool to to help with physics classes?
That's not totally true. I've played pool casually my whole life. The physics analysis stuff just grew my passion and helped me share some of that passion in my engineering classes.

Can you give us more details on how you started? When you hit your first ball? When you got “the pool bug” and transitioned from banger to D, C , B and wherever you are now?
I didn't really get serious about improving my game (with dedicated practice) until the last 5-10 years. I was a C player in the mid 2000's, and I have improved gradually since. Per the info at the link below, I think most people would consider me an A or A- player now (but I still feel like I have lots of room for improvement):

ABCD Player Rating System

A lot more info about my background and history be found here:

online interview with Dr. Dave

and here:

Dr. Dave's pool bio

Regards,
Dave

Rickhem

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched the video yesterday, found it quite enjoyable. I usually prefer shorter videos, and thought I'd probably switch after 15 minutes or so, but it kept me through to the end.

I too like Rollie's way of being serious about the game while having fun and goofing around, and you fit into that well with him in this.

Great job, and thanks for all the stuff you put up Dr. Dave. You're the first thing I tell new players to find and watch on YouTube for a better understanding of what is involved in pool.

heisenbug

Registered
Great content, but I felt the joke with Rollie's name was overplayed and detracted from the content. It was possibly the editing, and I normally really like both Dr. Dave's videos and Rollie's videos, but I had to force myself to finish this one.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
I watched the video yesterday, found it quite enjoyable. I usually prefer shorter videos, and thought I'd probably switch after 15 minutes or so, but it kept me through to the end.
I'm glad you liked it. Maybe I should make all of my future YouTube videos 50 minutes long! :eek:

I too like Rollie's way of being serious about the game while having fun and goofing around, and you fit into that well with him in this.
Thanks. Rollie definitely has a good thing going with this format.

Great job, and thanks for all the stuff you put up Dr. Dave. You're the first thing I tell new players to find and watch on YouTube for a better understanding of what is involved in pool.
I'm glad to hear it.

Regards,
Dave

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Great content, but I felt the joke with Rollie's name was overplayed and detracted from the content. It was possibly the editing, and I normally really like both Dr. Dave's videos and Rollie's videos, but I had to force myself to finish this one.
I agree that I overdid the "Rollie" thing a bit. It seemed fun at the time, but using his name 84 times in a 50 minute video is probably too much.

Regards,
Dave