Sandpaper?

HoustonInt

Big John's Cue Repair
Silver Member
One of my larger expenses for cue repair is sandpaper. The only reliable source I’ve found is the auto repair stores at $7-$9 per pack of 5 sheets. Does anyone have some good sources of sandpaper they can share via PM?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
One of my larger expenses for cue repair is sandpaper. The only reliable source I’ve found is the auto repair stores at $7-$9 per pack of 5 sheets. Does anyone have some good sources of sandpaper they can share via PM?

PM sent. :cool:

or1pkt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Harbor Freight...Granted it's not 3M by a long shot but its acceptable for certain things

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
I have tried Harbor Freight sand paper..... the grit comes off.......... not worth the money

Kim

I second that...nothing worst than having to clean black grit out of nice clean maple...uggh

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I second that...nothing worst than having to clean black grit out of nice clean maple...uggh

If it's made in India, RUN.
If it's made in China, maybe.

If it's made in Japan or Europe, should be good.

If it's gold backed 3M, it's gold.

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Stay away from the auto parts suppliers.

Go to the Auto Paint supply stores, there is a huge difference between the two.

Full size sheets of top quality sand paper are around .75 cents each, they come in packs of 50. Full sheets from 80 grit up to 800 grit.

Half sheets start at 1000 grit and go up to 2500 grit and they are .37 cents each.

A nice tip for wetsanding with 1500 grit? Put the piece of sandpaper in the water and leave it until the edges begin to curl up, only then has it soaked up enough water to last a little longer while using. Some people dab the paper in water, it works but try soaking it for a few minutes.

Last edited:

James Sarenich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

PM sent