Anyone still out there still playing a helmstetter CCS

Estes Dave

Registered
Here is a picture of my Helmstetter! Kind of an old school set up. I'm looking for a butterfly CCS that someone might part with.

r9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes I sometimes play 3C with one but it is a sharp pointed cue.
I'm not a Helstetter expert but I have never seen the CCS on any of his butterfly cues, only on the sharp pointed ones. I've seen plenty of each, maybe just not the right one yet.
good luck with your search.

r9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your case looks similar to a VanLear,,, probably not spelled right,,,, George Ashby has a bigger round one that looks very similar. The come from Netherlands or somewhere over there...... I have looked for them but no luck,,,they may be out of business,,, can't be sure

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like the big screw cues,I bet it plays good

I also had a similar case years ago

Dean

larrynj1

aka uncle larry
Silver Member
i played with an 8 pointer same as yours with a wrap and honey stained maple front for many years. the stitched joint ring shafts are pool tapers.

i gave a butterfly to my son that he used before he passed away. i'm holding that one for his daughter, hoping she'd like to play when she gets older.

i have a set of each of the 5 styles of ccs pool cues, all mint, bought from carl conlon's estate sale run by dennis deickman.

Last edited:

rod442

Registered
I have 2 cues and 3 shafts that I bought direct from Carl at his home in early 1990. The CCS-9 (without the wrap) is the cue I said I'd only play with when I got good enough. Somehow that never happened. Or the cheaper 4 point was always good enough. So I also have one shaft that has never been chalked for the ccs9.

I'm going to get some extra shafts (I hope) and play with those. I cant remember exactly what I paid for the "lesser" cue, but the ccs9 was marked $450. I think because I bought an extra shaft and 2 cues Carl let me have it for $375 or $425. The extra shaft was around 75, and the cheaper cue was $125? I remember a total of right at $600 for all of it. Maybe slightly less. The last pic is all the stickers that came off the ccs9.

I always intended to go back and get a few extra shafts, but sadly I never did.

IMG_20160304_112615.jpg

IMG_20160304_112607.jpg

IMG_20160304_111134.jpg

IMG_20160302_162328.jpg

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Would love to pick one of these up if anyone has one for sale!

Nice looking cues!