Day 4 MC LINEUP,WHY?

dkjshark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was wondering why Mark Wilson started off Day 4 with Mike Dechaine in a must win match? Is he our strongest player? I dont think so! I feel we did not give ourself a chance to even get a win today, just my op. What do you guys think?

drv4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the first two matches were holdovers from days 2 and 3 since they only did 4 matches a day on those days. His real day 4 lineup started with the third match.

P.s it wouldn't have mattered who they threw out there.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
The more obvious question is why even have a day 4? Match 13 should have been played on Thursday.

And, no, this wasn't a must win, for the Mosconi ship had long since sailed.

dkjshark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Iagree it was all but over, but do we just lay down? It was a must win for us to play another match.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's easy to be a so-called "Monday morning quarterback" after the fact. :grin-square:

No matter who Mark Wilson chose to play the first match, it would have been met with criticism if the player lost.

It seems easy to find fault with every single player and the coach on Team USA today after losing. Sometimes I think the criticism of some -- not all -- might be a political move to boost for someone to take the place of the current team and/or its coach. The power of the social media to reach Matchroom decision-makers is strong.

Cezar Morales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the rationale behind it was the obvious bad blood between Jayson n Mike.

Jayson would have want to win it beating Mike n Mike would have wanted to deny Jayson the opportunity to win it.

I think this was it n Mike wanted strongly to play against Jayson but sadly it ended up looking like Jayson was practicing playing the ghost 9ball.