Diamond Billiards Rancho Cordova Ca

tommyhill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello Sacramento pool players. The company I work for has purchased Diamond Billiards in Rancho Cordova. I realize that place is run down and the tables have been severely neglected but that is going to be changing soon. We will be taking over July 1st and I will be there restoring the playability of the tables and recovering them with simonis 870. We are going to have the kitchen running with daily lunch and dinner specials and giving the place a good cleaning. If you are in the area please come by and say hi and check the place out...

Tommy Hill

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
Hello Sacramento pool players. The company I work for has purchased Diamond Billiards in Rancho Cordova. I realize that place is run down and the tables have been severely neglected but that is going to be changing soon. We will be taking over July 1st and I will be there restoring the playability of the tables and recovering them with simonis 870. We are going to have the kitchen running with daily lunch and dinner specials and giving the place a good cleaning. If you are in the area please come by and say hi and check the place out...

Tommy Hill

Hey Tommy, I have a couple of questions for you. I sent you a PM so as not to bore pople here with them. I used to work in Rancho.

NitPicker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Tommy Hill

Is this the place on Folsom Blvd? Looking forward to checking it out.

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
Yes, it is on Folsom Blvd. just a block East of Mather Field Road.
I play in Tournaments there on Sunday and Monday evenings
and will be on a Summer League 8-Ball Team starting next week.

Very Happy to hear of the upcoming facelift. Good Luck to the new owners.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Azers.......Tommy Hill is just an absolutely wonderful person to know and do your best to make his acquaintence.......I did a few years ago and am much better off because of it........and the guy is truly a pool playing maestro.......he has an really interesting background.......he used to be a pitcher in the Boston Red Sox farm system until a arm injury ruined his career in baseball.......and I'll leave you with this.......I like the guy a lot and the feeling is mutual.......he's a die hard Red Sox fan and I go back to Yogi, Mick, Whitey and the boys.....became a Yankees fan on September 25th, 1957.....the day after
the Brooklyn Dodgers played their final game at Ebbets Field. On April 18, 1958, the Los Angeles Dodgers played their first game in L.A and I've never forgiven them for breaking the heart of an 11 year old boy........so for Tommy and I to get along and eventually become best buds, it's says a mouthful about that guy.

Matt B.

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats! I lived up in Sac for 5 years, and never once went into Diamond Billiards. Maybe now I'll have a good reason. I wish you all the best of luck.

Also, Sacramento State Billiards Club has a Facebook page. If you want me to share any links or info, I am a part of that group and would be happy to help. There were a lot of members in the club back when I was there.

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I play in Tournaments there on Sunday and Monday evenings
and will be on a Summer League 8-Ball Team starting next week.

Hey Str8poolplayer, if you're a local i'll be in Sac next weekend on the 14th. Let me know me if you want to play a few games. I used to shoot with Johnny Avalos a bunch at the Jointed Cue in the mornings right when they opened. That's where I'll be. Is he still around by the way?

-Ian

abs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congratulations on your new/old room. I split my time between the Sacramento and San Jose areas... And I have not had the chance to check out the rooms up near Sac/RC yet. I'll definitely come by and enjoy your room.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just had another rotator cuff surgery and so pool playing is on hold for awhile. As soon as I can back to holding a cue and stroking without any pain, I will make it a point to get to Sac and check out the parlor.......Tommy really understands pool room operations and what makes a great parlor and what can ruin it as well........I think Diamond in Sacramento will be undergoing an upgrade and it should turn out great.

Matt B.

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
Hey Str8poolplayer, if you're a local i'll be in Sac next weekend on the 14th. Let me know me if you want to play a few games. I used to shoot with Johnny Avalos a bunch at the Jointed Cue in the mornings right when they opened. That's where I'll be. Is he still around by the way?

-Ian

You have Great Taste in Friends. Yes, John still plays mornings 5 days a week.
John and I have been the best of friends for many years and used to play on
Mon, Weds, & Fri from 9:30 - 2:00 . Mostly 9-Ball (his favorite), with a sprinkling
of 8-Ball, One Hole, 14.1, & 3-Cushion.
I am spending more time in Las Vegas now and haven't been a member at JC
in a couple years. I'm going to call John today and hope to meet him tomorrow
for a lively session of 9-Ball and a Hamburger Deluxe at The Jointed Cue.

I'll let you know if I can make it on the 14th.

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's good to hear about Johnny. He was always teaching me new things about pool. I never did pick up his aiming methods though... Anyways, hope to see you then! You can always reach me via PM.

Also, to the OP, please post pics if you can when your work is done at diamonds! Would love to see what the place looks like.

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
That's good to hear about Johnny. He was always teaching me new things about pool. I never did pick up his aiming methods though... Anyways, hope to see you then! You can always reach me via PM.

Also, to the OP, please post pics if you can when your work is done at diamonds! Would love to see what the place looks like.

Checked my Calendar ... 14th is out. We are having our League Awards Party at Noon. Maybe the 13th though ?