dedicating my life to bar tables. only one problem??

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To funny

If ya don't want to be around drunks, don't go to a bar. The only time I enjoy playing on a bar box is when I am drinking. I like big tables and there are none in town and the bar box's suck.

I should probably sell my 9' foot table and buy a 7' Diamond. I'm not very good any way and old age is here, no matter how much I practice I am still old.

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You don’t have to drink alcohol in a bar to have a good time. Just enjoy it and have some fun. If someone buys you a shot either drink it or say thanks but I don’t drink. Despite what others have said, most “serious” pool players on this planet play both stone cold sober and socially drunk (anywhere from a couple of beers to full on loaded depending on the person and/or the situation). Just play the way you want to play and if you are not enjoying it them change something. The bar isn’t going to change for you.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am actually doing the opposite, I am quitting the league my son and I play in partly due to the fact that half the time we are on crappy bar tables, and that is just not pool in my eyes. I did not spend 30 years learning to play so some crappy table can roll my shot off 3 inches and negate any skill you may have. There is only one place with properly setup 7 footers but it's too far from me, so I'm going to be sticking to the places with proper tables.

Size of the tables does not bother me, but I would much rather play in a 9 footer or 8 than a 7, especially 8 ball, even if the table is a good one. It's a bit too easy to play in 9 ball, and in 8 ball there is too much congestion.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Minnesota Fats didn't drink and he played in plenty of bars. You probably need some street smarts as to who to avoid and when to walk away.

Tessera

Registered
ive messaged you a couple times to ask if you wanted to practice with me.

i play seriously and live nearby, too.
hit me up if you are down :)

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm a big table fan as well but i'm also a realist. Where i live(Midwest) most(90%) of all tournaments are on the small table. A lot of action takes place on them also. If you don't like the bar-box in my neck-of-the-woods you aren't gonna play a whole lot of pool. About the only big-box stuff is 1p. Hardly anybody plays rotation games on them.

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Funny how these things go. Sitting here reading this next to a 9' GC. And I'm thinking just behind my spectator bench I have room for a 7' bar box. I would like a Valley with bucket pockets. Not just to be different but to practice working around clusters and blowing them up.

It's really a youth thing. The last time I played on a bar box was 49 years ago at Joe's Last Chance Saloon.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why don't you just go to a pool hall that has a bar instead of a bar with some pool tables?

You don't have to join a league and changing the venue where you play would help a lot.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
well I have made my decision. no more 9 foot tables for me. do not like them, too long, too wide, I play like crap on them. can't see long shots, ect, ect. so im going to be a bar room player. going to give it my all. have a 7 footer at home, practicing every day.

only one major problem with my decision. DRUNKS AT THE BAR!!!!

I dont drink anymore, not a drop. and when your sober in a room full of drinkers, it changes things. try to play a game, and the drunk guy wants to shake your hand, wants to hug me, touch me, talk to me invading my personal space. freaking sucks. but its where it will be for me only playing bar tables. I know that. but it sucks.

went to the moose lodge by my house. nice place, nice bar, nice valley table (which I want to get used to playing on, as most bars have a valley table.) figured what can go wrong at a moose hall?????? older people, nice people, grandmas and grandpas.

well I walk in, and jimmy and sally his girlfriend are on the table. so I play jimmy first, and Jimmys toasted. he wants to touch me, he's loud, singing, and im like WTF. but he's a good player, so I put up with him. I beat him and now im playing sally. Sally its also pretty good, but she's dancing, singing into her cue stick, and im like JUST PLAY THE DAM GAME SALLY!!!!!!

during me and Sallys game, jimmy comes back with 3 shots. he buys me one with out asking, and I say jimmy I dont drink, which seems to piss him off a little.

so I finish off sally by making the 8 ball, and I just left.

I guess drunks come with the only playing on bar tables:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Time to break out the "What Would Scotty (Townsend) Do?" tee shirt. :grin: