TVMike profit sharing

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
https://billiardnet.tv/about/

"It is also realistic to be able to put some of that revenue back into the billiards community by profit sharing with users, adding money to tournaments and to even pay players for special appearances and members only challenge productions."

How does this work? Has any money been distributed back to users who subscribe to this service?

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess the answer is no, money has not been distributed back to the users in profit sharing.

Kris_b1104

House Pro in my own home.
Silver Member
Now that TVMike is posting here, bumping...

Good luck with that, he only posts to advertise his upcoming streams, never to answer questions or respond to issues his users are having during his streams.

FuManchu

Not a Pro Player
Silver Member
He needs to profit share with a graphic designer and get a website that doesn't look like it was made on godaddy in his moms basement.

FuManchu

Not a Pro Player
Silver Member
And why does he sound like he has a cold? Every video i see he talks like squidward from spongebob! That would annoy the hell outta me!

KenRobbins

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think his website looks just fine and I don't get any warning going to his site. I'm not a member there. I'm to busy shooting pool than to watch it. Try it sometime.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
TV Mike has streamed our monthly open King of the Hill tournament quite often. I've talked with him a couple of times, and found him to be a very smart and stand-up guy. He strikes me as the sort of guy that always does whatever he says he's going to do.

I didn't notice anything odd or unappealing about the website. I'm not a member, but now thinking about it. It's cheaper than Netflix, and they seldom have the movie I'm wanting to watch. I like the option of having access to archived video also.

TVmike

Professional Live Stream
Silver Member
--- You could just really asked.

You could of just asked me personally instead of creating a thread which will no doubt be filled with hateful comments.

Profit sharing works exactly like this. Say you are a member... You have the ability on your own to promote the website, a stream channel, a video or anything to affiliate share and when someone clicks your link and signs up a subscription you are going to make 20% of the money residual every month that comes out. You need a paypal account so it can keep track of your commission and my ability to pay out commissions.

You make $2 per month for every subscriber you get basically on a residual basis if they stick around. This monthly subscription is 9.99 if you get 5 of your friends to sign up under your link your own subscription is basically free.

It's self promoting, I haven't pushed this much or exposed it much but it's there.I am still working on some IT issues to really push the platform out there. Hopefully soon I will be able to do so but the affiliate system works just fine.

It all works hand in hand, the more subscribers the more revenue that I would possibly have to do anything with including fixing the website and refining the concepts.

I designed this model to give back to people that support my platform, and or a way to pay players, other streamers, at least something that promote or possibly that I may produce a game for. It generates revenue or has the possibility of generating revenue for everyone. IT development has cost me and put me back on really my time table with really trying to get it out there.

KenRobbins

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just signed up, that means I'm a member now. I'll take a look at the streams tomorrow. Hopefully the barbox pool is the low quality streams, I don't watch that stuff anyway. I unsubscribed from some YouTube streams because they kept streaming barbox junk. If I'm going to watch pool, pour me the real stuff. :D

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think TVMike is doing a lot for pool and it's a labor of love. I think the criticism is unwarranted. If you don't like his business model, don't sign up.

If you aren't signed up, then you aren't a party to what he's doing and really it isn't your business.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Keep on doing your thing TV Mike...

He needs to profit share with a graphic designer and get a website that doesn't look like it was made on godaddy in his moms basement.
Why are the graphics on his site worthy of any discussion or critique? And what does it matter if he sounds like he has a cold or not? It's not some encounter group for intellectuals and artists....it's about watching people shooting pool.:confused:
The videos are all that matter and they all seem just fine to me.
I like the site.
For a paltry ten bucks a month I can watch those things at will. That is dirt cheap in this day and age.
One blast of Crown Royal and water at the Moose club is 6 bucks and then you're supposed to tip the barmaid a buck. That's just for openers.
I can stay home, drink my own whiskey at about 50cents a drink, enjoy his videos, and go to sleep very peacefully at the computer....wake up in the middle of the night and go to the pool table and run off a few balls. What a deal, in my opinion.
I hope he keeps right on doing what he's doing now...I'm glad I paid my money and signed up. Mere pocket change, for crying out loud.
Keep on truckin'
:thumbup:

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
I think TVMike is doing a lot for pool and it's a labor of love. I think the criticism is unwarranted. If you don't like his business model, don't sign up.

If you aren't signed up, then you aren't a party to what he's doing and really it isn't your business.

Sixpack,

It seems over the years this site has become a haven for keyboard jockeys who appear to have no love for the game of pool. Continuous complaints about a streamers business practices, where a cue is made and how major tournaments are run and how much the promoter makes. Understand some have legitimate questions. Most appear to be just a way to belittle or defame other members. Seems to be pretty sad to me.

Lyn

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sixpack,

It seems over the years this site has become a haven for keyboard jockeys who appear to have no love for the game of pool. Continuous complaints about a streamers business practices, where a cue is made and how major tournaments are run and how much the promoter makes. Understand some have legitimate questions. Most appear to be just a way to belittle or defame other members. Seems to be pretty sad to me.

Lyn

I agree with you Lyn. I was one of the people asking the question about the free stream because there seemed to be contradictory information in the thread and I just wanted clarification. No problem. To turn it into an all out attack because the stream wasn't free is uncalled for.

The key point that everyone forgets is that nobody can afford to work for free. The time spent doing anything takes away time from earning a living and so there has to be a financial reward somewhere and the only person who gets to decide whether or not it's rewarding enough to keep doing it is the person doing the work.

If people want free streaming what have they done to support it? Have they donated to the stream? Have they purchased products from the sponsors and said "I saw your product on xyz stream and that's why I'm buying it?" My guess is that the people *****ing the loudest about having to pay for streams have not.

Everybody wants pool to get more exposure...well, I've got news for you, streaming is it. That's all she wrote. If you want pool to get more exposure support the streams and support the streamers. It's pretty simple really. More support means more money for streamers, more money for players, and more money for sponsors.

The mentality I see displayed so much these days is to try and tear down anyone who they think might be making a buck more than they do. That is terribly destructive. The economy is not a zero sum game and we all win by making the pool economy bigger.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You could of just asked me personally instead of creating a thread which will no doubt be filled with hateful comments.

Profit sharing works exactly like this. Say you are a member... You have the ability on your own to promote the website, a stream channel, a video or anything to affiliate share and when someone clicks your link and signs up a subscription you are going to make 20% of the money residual every month that comes out. You need a paypal account so it can keep track of your commission and my ability to pay out commissions.

You make $2 per month for every subscriber you get basically on a residual basis if they stick around. This monthly subscription is 9.99 if you get 5 of your friends to sign up under your link your own subscription is basically free.

It's self promoting, I haven't pushed this much or exposed it much but it's there.I am still working on some IT issues to really push the platform out there. Hopefully soon I will be able to do so but the affiliate system works just fine.

It all works hand in hand, the more subscribers the more revenue that I would possibly have to do anything with including fixing the website and refining the concepts.

I designed this model to give back to people that support my platform, and or a way to pay players, other streamers, at least something that promote or possibly that I may produce a game for. It generates revenue or has the possibility of generating revenue for everyone. IT development has cost me and put me back on really my time table with really trying to get it out there.
Thanks for the post. This information about a referral bonus (which seems like a better description than 'profit sharing' in this context) seems like a useful thing to have on billiardnet.tv.

Also I was confused about this:

http://billiardnet.tv/plans/membership-group/

Which makes it look like there is a way to watch your stream for free if you sign up. However, in the recent Shaw vs. SVB stream that free option did not exist. In the past I signed up for the free service based on the idea that I'd have access to "lo quality open streams only" but that is obviously a small subset of the streams offered.

There also isn't an easy to find list of past events that you have access to if you sign up. Is it all the events listed on the calendar on your site? If so that seems like an easy way to increase the number of people willing to pay their $9.99 per month.

Asking you personally is one way to do it but raising the question in a public forum means that other people get to hear the answer too.

HUKIT

F* ks Given...Zero
Silver Member
Sixpack,

Lyn

That's where proper moderation comes into play. When you let the inmates run the asylum you're asking for that. I'm new to this forum but moderate on another and the personal attacks and other nonsense shouldn't be tolerated.

TVmike

Professional Live Stream
Silver Member
aaaa

-- i don't really know how to do this quote thing lol.

So i'll just try to respond. I suppose you might be right on calling it a referral might be more logically applicable because whose to say I make profit really anyways.

Free accounts get access to open channel streams, this weekend will be one actually which is a lower quality bitrate. Paid members get 4 bitrates, access to watch archives etc. Paid members get open and members only broadcasts.

The videos are kind of all over the place which yes is something that needs to be structurally worked on. Billiardnet streams archive videos in the channel they were streamed on under channels. (some broken right now) - There are also a ton of older videos in an archives section that is under construction. The search box works and the recent videos button works as well and goes back chronologically.

Basically the challenge match was advertised WAY ahead of time by the pool room as being a free stream, as it was my understanding that they were going to do it themselves somehow. To what efficacy or result I have no idea.

I contacted the room and expressed interest in promoting the match and the tournament as it was their grand opening event. They agreed to let me come and produce and promote the match on billiardnet.tv

So I explained my business model and started promoting it. It was a concern afterwards but I had already started promoting and hyping it up. So I still came and did the event just the way I had explained I could do it. It doesn't make any sense or financial ability to do free streams when I produce them professionally. Equipment and otherwise it's my actual profession (sometimes a nightmare). So it was not meant to be anything deceptive or a bait and switch. Maybe they would of done a good job on their own I really don't think they would of have the focus to do it opening a new pool room running two tournaments at the same time.

so for what its worth sorry about that.

Thanks for the post. This information about a referral bonus (which seems like a better description than 'profit sharing' in this context) seems like a useful thing to have on billiardnet.tv.

Also I was confused about this:

http://billiardnet.tv/plans/membership-group/

Which makes it look like there is a way to watch your stream for free if you sign up. However, in the recent Shaw vs. SVB stream that free option did not exist. In the past I signed up for the free service based on the idea that I'd have access to "lo quality open streams only" but that is obviously a small subset of the streams offered.

There also isn't an easy to find list of past events that you have access to if you sign up. Is it all the events listed on the calendar on your site? If so that seems like an easy way to increase the number of people willing to pay their $9.99 per month.

Asking you personally is one way to do it but raising the question in a public forum means that other people get to hear the answer too.