FS - Solid Snakewood Starkey Cue

Antfarm

PRAGMATIC PONTIFICATOR
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
It's not cored? Snake wood is a notoriously fragil wood that cracks very easily. Any idea how Mr. Starkey stabilized the wood to ensure that it won't crack? I like this cue a lot but it scares me that when I juice a ball, e cue will crack in half! Not trying to trash you thread....I just really like this cue and am interested in buying it. I just don't want it to shatter three 1 year down the road.

R,

Greg

Birk1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
138   0   0
even split - Yes

cored - Yes

stabilized - OLD piece of wood cored with maple

Plays - great!

UNIQUE - YES

desi2960

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
i got lucky

i bought from some wood from a shoe importer, he buys shoes made in sumatra, and just on a whim he saw and bought some snakewood. its the dryest snakewood i have ever seen. i have made a few one piece butts with no cracks. i aint the smart one, i just found the right wood.

Antfarm

PRAGMATIC PONTIFICATOR
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
I'm certainly looking forward to hitting this around a bit. I'm a bit of a snakewood fan. As my friend Jerry says (rugerfan), I've got a snakewood fetish!

R,

Greg

rugerfan

Got a Snakewood fetish...
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Ah, you are learning well, grasshopper.

Yea, that snakewood tends to grow on ya. When I saw this posting, of course, I was compelled to click on it, just like a dog chewing a bone, ya know? In any event, as soon as I saw Greg was interested, I knew it was gone. Just glad it went to him so when he decides to try something else, he'll pass down his hand-me-downs my way....right....buddy?

Send me some pic's of this cue! I never even had a chace to see the thing....damn it!