Old Guys At DCC

Baby Huey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I went to DCC and spent 5 nights playing only the One Pocket. I got to the 6th round and I had a good shot to move on further. There were several old guys like myself at DCC and it is becoming painfully clear that the older you get the tougher it is to play consistently well. I love to play pool but to play well over several days is very hard. My hat is off to Efren Reyes for his stamina and ability to play well over the entire tournament. I am certainly not in his catagory but father time does take its toll. We ought to have a Master of the Table for the old guys who finished highest based on their age. They did away with the Senior One Pocket mini event and it would help attract more seniors if they had something to shoot at (so to speak) in their respective age division.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They outta have a Senior division. Say 55+? Lots of players from back in the day are in that group. It would be cool to see them play again. Hell, they do it in golf, why not pool?

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
Try this

Allen Hopkin's Super Billiard Expo has a Senior Division as well as a Super Senior Division. I must say Allen has been doing things well for many years.

Keep up the great work Allen.

Thanks

Kevin

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seniors & Super Seniors

They really should have a seniors group (55-65 yrs old) and a super seniors (66 yrs & older) because there's a big difference in how we all have to cope with the aging process.........45-55 I was still playing baseball and basketball......55-65 things changed........and now, holy shit........70 is on the horizon and sometimes I can't play for days on end due to the pain and discomfort of old injuries and other ailments.........Yeah, playing when you reach the golden years is a whole lot tougher than most imagine.......wait until you hit that wall......and you shall....God willing & the devil be damned.

Matt B.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Tournament rules should allow old guys more breaks.

Because old dogs have to stop at every tree...

onepocketron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree. I sure as hell don't have the stamina at 61 I did at even 50. No aches and pains, just getting old. Glad to hear of some older folks getting some wins.:thumbup:

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
They really should have a seniors group (55-65 yrs old) and a super seniors (66 yrs & older) because there's a big difference in how we all have to cope with the aging process.........45-55 I was still playing baseball and basketball......55-65 things changed........and now, holy shit........70 is on the horizon and sometimes I can't play for days on end due to the pain and discomfort of old injuries and other ailments.........Yeah, playing when you reach the golden years is a whole lot tougher than most imagine.......wait until you hit that wall......and you shall....God willing & the devil be damned.

Matt B.

Well said. I feel it everyday I play at 73. Johnnyt

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I made the seventh round of Banks when I was 63. I wish I could still play at DCC but the Bigfoot keeps me too busy. :frown:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just me, another old guy, but I don't want to be broken out from the pack.

There was a time I was the young guy and took my lumps that way and then had a period when I did OK. Now I'm 60 but still made it to the 6th round of the DCC this year and ran almost twice my age a few months ago at 14.1. It's not easy but it's the cycle of life.

No quarter asked, no quarter given.

Lou Figueroa