History and Hal vs. Stan

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So several of us are noting that Low500 deleted all of his posts and then started posting again sounding an awful lot like Spider with the blue text and references to RSB posts, like here:

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=6400957&postcount=161

Anyway, reading that old post from Hal reminded me of a question that I must have forgotten the answer to: If Hal's method was so extraordinary and worked so well that all top professionals used it secretly why did Stan feel it was necessary to change it and start using two lines instead of one? What was Hal's method lacking (if anything) and if it was lacking then how did all the top pros play so well with it?

I know some people might be upset for me even broaching the subject but it is a fair question, especially for newer forum members. If you know the answer please reply. If you want to attack me for asking then please send me a private message instead.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So several of us are noting that Low500 deleted all of his posts and then started posting again sounding an awful lot like Spider with the blue text and references to RSB posts, like here:

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=6400957&postcount=161

Anyway, reading that old post from Hal reminded me of a question that I must have forgotten the answer to: If Hal's method was so extraordinary and worked so well that all top professionals used it secretly why did Stan feel it was necessary to change it and start using two lines instead of one? What was Hal's method lacking (if anything) and if it was lacking then how did all the top pros play so well with it?

I know some people might be upset for me even broaching the subject but it is a fair question, especially for newer forum members. If you know the answer please reply. If you want to attack me for asking then please send me a private message instead.

Why not just ask the question without taking a shot at Low500 first off.

As to your question. Simple answer. Hal never gave all of his information away at once. He kept giving Stan bits and pieces with other hints. Left it up to Stan to connect dots and put everything together.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why not just ask the question without taking a shot at Low500 first off.

As to your question. Simple answer. Hal never gave all of his information away at once. He kept giving Stan bits and pieces with other hints. Left it up to Stan to connect dots and put everything together.

Thank you for a straight answer. So you are saying that it was Hal and not Stan that came up with the idea of aiming with two lines? Hal never taught that to anyone as far as I can tell.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you for a straight answer. So you are saying that it was Hal and not Stan that came up with the idea of aiming with two lines? Hal never taught that to anyone as far as I can tell.

Im not doing this all day. The beach is calling.
I didn't say who had the idea of two lines. My guess would be it was Stan.
Again, Hal gave out certain information to Stan. Stan then broke it all down, figured it all out, and COMPLETED Hal's work. It's pretty amazing stuff once you understand it all.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just cannot comprehend the despair and total emotional chaos of waking up every day for years and being mad at the world over the CTE method of aiming balls on a pool table.
Sick in the head is spot on.
Psychiatric Help.JPG

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im not doing this all day. The beach is calling.
I didn't say who had the idea of two lines. My guess would be it was Stan.
Again, Hal gave out certain information to Stan. Stan then broke it all down, figured it all out, and COMPLETED Hal's work. It's pretty amazing stuff once you understand it all.

So did you learn CTE from Hal or Stan? I thought Spider learned it from Hal directly.