Hand Position

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi folks!

Over the last few weeks I have been testing a bunch of ways to improve my 3C game. If you try a search on my name in AZB you will find some pretty good info IMO among a few drunken rants.....mixed in with some valuable insight on the game we all love to play!

As of late I have found what I would explain as an over looked "GEM" of info. I recently changed my hand position from full 5 finger grip to just the "2" middle fingers because that was the way when I checked "straightness" of stroke?....it was "dead on!"

So,....after 2 full weeks of "trials" with this new configuration I cannot find any flaws in the system!? The best way to explain what I am trying to say is to explain it to another "player".... we all know that people who play the game at a high level "get" what we are talking about.

thanks for your time, and I hope to see you all again in the future?

G. + Joe Dog millionaire!

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Hi folks!

Over the last few weeks I have been testing a bunch of ways to improve my 3C game. If you try a search on my name in AZB you will find some pretty good info IMO among a few drunken rants.....mixed in with some valuable insight on the game we all love to play!

As of late I have found what I would explain as an over looked "GEM" of info. I recently changed my hand position from full 5 finger grip to just the "2" middle fingers because that was the way when I checked "straightness" of stroke?....it was "dead on!"

So,....after 2 full weeks of "trials" with this new configuration I cannot find any flaws in the system!? The best way to explain what I am trying to say is to explain it to another "player".... we all know that people who play the game at a high level "get" what we are talking about.

The 2 finger grip is fairly common and works for tons of players... I use all 4 fingers but as I come forward the front fo the grip opens so in reality the transition is eaxactly like your 2 finger... I think many players who have timing issues in the transition would do well to try your suggestion....

Chris

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi folks!

The 2 finger grip is fairly common and works for tons of players... I use all 4 fingers but as I come forward the front fo the grip opens so in reality the transition is eaxactly like your 2 finger... I think many players who have timing issues in the transition would do well to try your suggestion....

Chris

Good thread Gerry and good post Chris.

My index finger is not involved with with the holding or stroking of the cue. It seems that I can feel the QB better thru the cue with this type of grip.:)

Thanks for posting.

John

muddawg

Chill Out
Silver Member
I have been doing this for the past few months with awesome results. I am much more consistent when I play now. Even when I take weeks off from playing, I come back playing solid when before I would play terribly.

JeremiahGage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I shot with 2 fingers for a couple of years, but switched to 3 and then 4 fingers. This fet natural and gave me a better sensation to control the cue stick. The important element is that you keep a loose grip, and using only 2 fingers forces you to do that.

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I particularly like the web between the thumb & index finger plus the middle finger for my grip..., it works very well for accuracy of shot.

Colin Colenso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I tend to think that your improvements have less to do with a looser cue grip ensuring a straight stroke, than it has to do with relaxing and enabling both arms, bridge and cueing arm to shift and swipe subconsciously with more ease.