how are ya'll doing in league ?

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That sounds like something i could do,

I played 3 times a week plus a tourney once in a while. One of the nights was 15 miles to work, 25 miles to the bar then almost 25 miles back home. When I quite I told them to keep me on the roster if they have room and call me last.

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Having a killer 9 ball session...6 for 6, winning an AVERAGE of 16 points per win in under 15 innings against SL5s.

Guess my brief visit back to the land of 5s was short lived. Pretty sure I’ll be a 6 or 7 soon.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Going into last week, I hadn't won a match in 8-ball this session, and I hadn't lost a match in 9-ball. You know where this is going, don't you :p

3-0 in 8-ball, and got my butt whooped 2-18 in 9-ball....sigh

Mkindsv

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First night of a new session. Lost two more players, one quit for another team, one got kicked out of the venue permanently. They are doing it a little different this session as it is the last session of the "Year" Top 5 teams in one bracket and bottom 6 teams in the other. We played a pretty good team and I took on their best 8 ball player and Won 4-1 (he was a 6). Nine ball I was playing a 3, One bad jump shot and a missed 9 ball and he was on the hill, I came back to win the next 4 and collect the match, Game 4 I had a break where 5 balls (including the 9) went in the pocket, and that was awesome...then in the final game I broke and ran to the 7 which was tied up and played an awesome safe...once I got ball in hand I had an easy three ball out...good night it was

cajunbarboxplyr

Beatem down wit a Varney
Silver Member
Well finally had a good night.

Monday night 9ball

Team sitting in 2nd place

After arriving late by 15 minutes I wasnt able to play first and leave like arranged cause of work the next morning. So i had to play 2nd.

Opposing teams throw, they throw a one and I tell Co-captain Im up. She freaks out cause its a one and is worried about the rest of our team cause they have a 8 and a 9(Chris Miller). I told her that yall we be ok.

Im a 6 playing a 1.

To make it simple and sweet.

I won 46-3 in 7 innings in 10 minutes.

Played 2 safeties. Only missed 1 ball the entire match. Out of 5 racks I only dropped balls on 2 breaks. Broke dry 3 racks giving the opposing player 1 point after each of the dry breaks with a wide open table but they couldnt capitalize but it is a 1 we are talking about.

Would have been my 1st skunk after 12 years of on and off league play.

Its amazing when things just click and the equipment you play on is in great shape.

If anyone here is coming to play the Super 9 ball at White Diamonds. Be pleased to know every barbox has been recovered and is playing wonderful!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
still winnin’!!

woot...played a tough 6 (was a 7) in 9 ball...i have never beaten him in 8 or 9. i jumped out to 8-2 lead before he ran 2 racks on me. he got up 29-11.

i fought back and won! 38-39...15 total innings, including 6 safeties by yours truly. i am surprised i wasn’t bumped back up to a 6 last week...we’ll see.

Last edited:

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
9B - Team is in 1st place:

I played a 7 last night (I'm an 8), won 65 to 14. I've got a new Kamui medium which to me is harder than a rock and I miscued twice, he gained about 6-8 points due to the miscues. If I hadn't miscued I probably would have had my first 20-0. I won 19-1 and I'll get a mini-slam patch for a 9OS and B&R in same match.

Last week was a different story. Played a new person who is ranked a 7 but he should end up as an 8 or 9. Either way he played well and had some rolls and beat me 55 to 44. I was first in MVP standings and he was second, he took over first and I dropped to 4th - in one night! I'm hoping my 19-1 win last night helps. I've got one tough match the rest of the season, hoping to solidify first in MVP again.

8B - Team is in 4th place:

I'm first in MVP but don't have enough matches because I don't play full-time anymore. There are two weeks left so I'm going to play the last week and hopefully kick ass and stay in 1st and become eligible. Imagine being in first place in MVP and then all of the sudden someone else pops onto the list in first. I would feel bad but it's happened to me - twice.

BCA 8B - Team is in 6th place:

Had 3 40 points weeks in a row but I lost my first game in a month last week and have inched up to 3rd place individually. My team has inched up to 6th. I'm 6 points out of second and 11 points out of first. I need to get two more 40's to finish up the year and see what happens with the other players.

Overall I'm pretty happy, I was out of pool for 14 years and started back last July and feel like I have really been finding my groove the last couple of months. I've stalled at an 8 in APA 9B but have been shooting well the last week so hopefully that will carry forward through the end of the season.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got a 40 last night and it might be the most satisfying one yet.

As I was nearing the end of warming up two of the opponents show up and start shooting. Because I was at the end of warming up I was in stroke and trying some harder shots, force follow, long draws, etc. and one of their guys (the best player on their team) made a comment to his buddy about "He sure likes to hit them hard" and the other guy makes a comment about "I'm not worried". I kept it to myself for a bit then after about 10 minutes my inner zero ****s given attitude came out and and I spoke rather loudly about it to my teammate who just showed up. I mentioned to him, loud enough they could hear me, that they were trying to talk shit but wouldn't do it to my face. They never again looked my way. After I beat them I shook their hand and said good game and walked away.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
I'm at 50% in handicapped 9-ball playing mostly SL7"s.

I'm at 60% in Master's division.

I am shooting fairly well on the nights I'm not stumbling all over myself due to blood sugar fluctuations.

Maniac

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
still winnin’!!

woot...played a tough 6 (was a 7) in 9 ball...i have never beaten him in 8 or 9. i jumped out to 8-2 lead before he ran 2 racks on me. he got up 29-11.

i fought back and won! 38-39...15 total innings, including 6 safeties by yours truly. i am surprised i wasn’t bumped back up to a 6 last week...we’ll see.
As expected, I am a 6 again....woot

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unfortunately for me Masters is on a night I can't play, well, I could, but then I couldn't play BCA.

Oh, and get your blood sugar under control! I'm type 2 but don't have to stick myself yet!

I'm at 50% in handicapped 9-ball playing mostly SL7"s.

I'm at 60% in Master's division.

I am shooting fairly well on the nights I'm not stumbling all over myself due to blood sugar fluctuations.

Maniac

As expected, I am a 6 again....woot

Woot woot :thumbup:

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
Looking forward to the end, one week left.

Worst season ending team rank ever. Our team has always finished in the top 10 and usually in the hunt for 1st. Taken 3rd and 2nd, I've only played league about 7 years.

I know my performance was less than in previous years. But this year we had a player who got into some bad stuff and wasn't playing anywhere near what he's capable of doing. I will not play on this team next year unless he gets clean or is kicked off. It's sad watching someone lose control of their free will.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking forward to the end, one week left.

Worst season ending team rank ever. Our team has always finished in the top 10 and usually in the hunt for 1st. Taken 3rd and 2nd, I've only played league about 7 years.

I know my performance was less than in previous years. But this year we had a player who got into some bad stuff and wasn't playing anywhere near what he's capable of doing. I will not play on this team next year unless he gets clean or is kicked off. It's sad watching someone lose control of their free will.

I completely understand that. Go read some of my other posts in this thread about the drunk lady. She's long gone and we're in first :thumbup:

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played a 4 last night in 8 ball and jumped out ti a 3-0 lead and then focus / concentration went out the window and lost the next 2 racks. Managed to win the next rack to win hill-hill in what should have been a shut out...imo of course.

On the opposite end if the spectrum I threw a kid that just became a 5 recently in 8 ball against their 7/9. The kid won 3-0 in 6 innings when I looked at the score sheet. Didn't watch the match as i was busy keeping 9 ball scores. If I didn't know better I would swear the 7 dumped. The kid shoots straight but does not have a clue about pattern play or safties.

That 7/9 destroyed my other 6 in 9 ball by 75-23 in a 75-46 race.

For the first time ever I am having real trouble meeting handicap. Seems every one on both my teams keeps going up...except for 2 who ...imo should go down . Two 3's that keep getting blown out by scores of 16-4 by other 2's and 3's that never seem to go up an mine never go down.

One has a serious aiming problem and the other just gets up there and smacks the object ball at warp speed without even aiming for a pocket. Its complicated why I dont drop both their asses like a hot potato aside from the fact I cant seem to find new blood if I was to replace them.

Toxictom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My APA teams (8&9) are so far out in 1st place we could all stay home next week and we'd likely still be in 1st place. 14 weeks into the season and we haven't lost a round of 9 ball. In 8 ball we have won all but two matches and we tied those 2. I am headed to Vegas for APA singles on May 1st and I just know they are going to raise my skill level.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
On the opposite end if the spectrum I threw a kid that just became a 5 recently in 8 ball against their 7/9. The kid won 3-0 in 6 innings when I looked at the score sheet. Didn't watch the match as i was busy keeping 9 ball scores. If I didn't know better I would swear the 7 dumped. The kid shoots straight but does not have a clue about pattern play or safties.

Dumping or not by his opponent, that's still some fairly impressive shooting for a SL5.

I wonder if they left any comments on their scoresheet concerning his abilities?

Maniac

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dumping or not by his opponent, that's still some fairly impressive shooting for a SL5.

I wonder if they left any comments on their scoresheet concerning his abilities?

Maniac

He is 21 and my ex girlfriends son. I have known him for 8 years and we lived under the same roof for 5 years. He has never played that well in his life and I was floored when I saw the scoresheet......although I have witnessed many players play well above their level and have done so myself on occasion. Having said all that...still surprising lol.