New Fargo scores out

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like a lot of players got a big boost.

Wu most and now back top at 827.

Even Siming Chen who was repeatedly mentioned
as an underdog to Mitch Ellerman is now at 789.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Looks like a lot of players got a big boost.

Wu most and now back top at 827.

Even Siming Chen who was repeatedly mentioned
as an underdog to Mitch Ellerman is now at 789.

What a joke that was with Siming and Mitch
Jason

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
10 points is really not that much. It turns a 50-50 predicted probability of winning into a 52-48 prediction.

More important is to realize that Fargo ratings have a margin of error. I've done some experimenting with this in my local league and in statistical simulations found a standard deviation of 20-30 points for players with 150 games.

Even pros' ratings with hundreds or thousands of games will rise and fall due to randomness in the input data.

Last edited:

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
10 points is really not that much. It turns a 50-50 predicted probability of winning into a 52-48 prediction.

More important is to realize that Fargo ratings have a margin of error. I've done some experimenting with this in my local league and in statistical simulations found a standard deviation of 20-30 points for players with 150 games.

Even pros' ratings with hundreds or thousands of games will rise and fall due to randomness in the input data.

How are you calculating that? Are you calculating a Fargo rating using games that aren't in the official Fargo system?

sbpoolleague

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The domination by Pacific Rim players continues. Japan, China, Taiwan, Philippines, and Singapore now own 30 of the top 50 Fargo spots in the world.