TV crews at the DCC

thekaiserman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know how I find myself reluctantly agreeing with you but I do.

JoeyA

I agree lets leave pool as it is and see where we go.
Look at poker. talk about boring and seedy characters
yet it has a mass appeal because of tv.

nfty9er

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A few years ago

Sorry if someone mentioned this but on a thread long ago I reminded people
that there was a crew hired by HBO to follow around the big names for a special they were trying to get HBO to buy. I just happened to be involved to a small degree when I and Ronnie Allen came into Kentucky on the same plane with that crew. We were interviewed and filmed on board and at the airport. In the following days I observed that crew filming all sorts of action, along with players smack talking for action and all in all what I thought was a lot of interesting stuff. They did this for several days. I know there are people on here that remember that. I have no idea what happened to that filming,never saw hide nor hair of it anywhere. It must not have been that good. Good luck with this deal.

freddy the beard

Freddy Bentivegna
Silver Member
History channel didnt come. Not enough notice for the network. They promised to come next year. My other guys did come on the 26th. They interviewed several players including myself. They went back to NY to do edits. I await further information.

Am in contact with another crew that has 4 or 5 winners already on cable. I like their ideas best. We can only hope something good will happen.

Beard

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
History channel didnt come. Not enough notice for the network. They promised to come next year. My other guys did come on the 26th. They interviewed several players including myself. They went back to NY to do edits. I await further information.

Am in contact with another crew that has 4 or 5 winners already on cable. I like their ideas best. We can only hope something good will happen.

Beard

Ok, thanks. Now get some sleep.
JoeyA

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry if someone mentioned this but on a thread long ago I reminded people
that there was a crew hired by HBO to follow around the big names for a special they were trying to get HBO to buy. I just happened to be involved to a small degree when I and Ronnie Allen came into Kentucky on the same plane with that crew. We were interviewed and filmed on board and at the airport. In the following days I observed that crew filming all sorts of action, along with players smack talking for action and all in all what I thought was a lot of interesting stuff. They did this for several days. I know there are people on here that remember that. I have no idea what happened to that filming,never saw hide nor hair of it anywhere. It must not have been that good. Good luck with this deal.

I remember it and made reference to it earlier in this thread. It went the same place as it all does.

NOTHING in pool is "that good" as far as the Gen Public is concerned.

We are a 'cult' and the Public will never appreciate us-At least not anytime soon

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I remember it and made reference to it earlier in this thread. It went the same place as it all does.

NOTHING in pool is "that good" as far as the Gen Public is concerned.

We are a 'cult' and the Public will never appreciate us-At least not anytime soon

I remember a few years ago on Pardon the Interuption, they covered the top 25 sports movies list. 25 was The Color of Money. I remember Wilbon's comment, "Pool isn't really a sport." When ESPN takes Pool seriously as a "real sport", then it will take off there. IMO