Cahokia Results?

bluekckid

Registered
35 bags of sand

:) Top two were Jamie Barracks 1st, Chad Velmont 2nd,wish i could remember more,sorry! Jessie Powman was playing a guy named Jack some 1hole when they call his match.Jessie says be right back in about 30 min,in the mean time, in walks a guy and asks Jack to play one game of 9ball for 1bag of sand,he agrees,Jack losses first game,afew minutes later this guy says lets do it again,one thing leads to another and before long there playing for 4bags of sand per game,when all is said and done,35bags of sand were won.needless to say this was a very intertaining back and forth match, with both players in some games missing stright in shots and hangers as well,not world class players here, but liked to bet high,,Larry Gutman played Jack Beckley afew sets, was down 6 games frist set getting the 8ball wins on the hill,2nd set getting the 7ball down 6 to 2,you guessed it,wins on the hill.there were afew other match ups, William and Hillsmen, not sure of out come of this match,all names and accounts have been changed to protect the innocent,contact a reliable source in the St Louis area for further details. happy trails to you,until we meet again.

jwilliams

Lapsus calami!
Silver Member
1st. James Barracks (Jamie Wilson)
2nd. Chad Vilmont
3rd. Jay Petlon
4th. Mike Dunklin
Also I believe it was 40 bags of sand lost...but I won't swear to it.

Russ Chewning

Short Bus Russ - C player
Silver Member
It would be really nice if AZBilliards was covering something other than IPT and women's tournaments.

What? Do they have only one person who can do a tourney write up on the site? I know plenty of locals are giving AZBilliards the tourney info. They just aren't writing them up.

AZ has not being doing well in tourney coverage at the regional level altely.

Russ

shag_fu

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ahh yes Larry Gutman. He knows he shouldnt have won, apparently the other guy was just doggin the balls. I heard it was 45000, but it sounds like a big fish story to me. Apparently the one guy just won a bunch playin poker too. A friend tried to talk bowman to quit the tourney and play that guy since he was on the losers side, but he didnt do it. Too bad for him.

Love The Game

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know the parties involved, but am having problems with the sequence of events. Someone please interpret. Wish I had been there as The Break always seems to get great action.

bigg7

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike Dunklin

:) It's great to hear that Mike is still playing well and hopefully feeling well.I ran around with him alot in 01.He is the only full time player that I have ever known that was completely honest,steered me into good games and paid his half of the bill.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Love the game....you got your PM and the true story. I might be coming to Olathe for the tournament next month. Hope you are planning to make the trip yourself. Let me know. Watchez never lies.....and also had a good weekend himself in reference to sand bags won. The rest of you will never know the truth. I put in the tournament section that BIG things might happen during this tournament & it did. But unless the money is mine, I dont feel comfortable discussing other people's money on the internet.

Shag Fu...I think Jessie won about the max he could. He did good for himself. Glad to see it.

Things might be heating up in St Louis again this winter.

j_kronz79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the guy that walked in was carl ?. 40k for him, is like 10 dollars to other people. jess played that jack again the next day won 2 games and the guy quit.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
j_kronz79 said:
the guy that walked in was carl ?. 40k for him, is like 10 dollars to other people. jess played that jack again the next day won 2 games and the guy quit.

Like I said, Jessie won about the max he could at that game the first night.