Dings and gouges in SS joint collar

The scratches/dings are easy to remove if they aren't deep. If they are deep, the cue has had a VERY hard life and there is likely much more extensive damage.

{note: I am not a cuemaker, but used to be. I have extensive woodworking experience, have extensive metalworking experience including knifemaking}

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im still trying to figure out how it was damaged. Looks like it fell or was dropped on concrete or gravel or something. Is the rest of the cue dinged up the same?

tsp&b

Silver Member
Looks like the black ring has some nasty dings as well. It really depends on what you want the final result to look like. Many of the scratches and smaller dings would probably clean up pretty well, but if you want it to be perfect then the SS collar and at least the first black plastic ring would probably have to be replaced... You could start by having it cleaned up as much as possible. That's pretty simple. And if the results are not satisfactory then you could proceed with a complete replacement. Just a thought.

It's George

Bet Something!!!
Silver Member
Send it to Ryan and let him decide what needs to be done. I'm quite sure you will be happy with the outcome.

WilleeCue

The Barefoot Cuemaker
Silver Member
I will echo the advice about sending it to Rat Cue maker and master repairman Ryan at Mueller's.
Let him tell you what you need to have done to make the cue look and play like a new one.

Willee

rhinobywilhite

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From the pictures. it appears that too much would have to be removed from the metal to eliminate the scratches, so the diameter of the joint would be reduced.

The best bet, if you want to maintain joint size and eliminate scratches- replace joint and joint ring collar parts.