Another Cue I.D.

GB Basher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
DSC_0123.jpgDSC_0123.jpg

DSC_0124.jpg

DSC_0126.jpgCan anyone give me a model number for this Meucci cue?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Try downsizing your pic. Don't see many with inlaid joint collars. Contact BudgetBilliards. They'll know for sure.

Last edited:

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After much careful observation and internet research I am fairly certain that's a Meucci cue.
And if its straight and not falling apart it is a rare one.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After much careful observation and internet research I am fairly certain that's a Meucci cue.
That's why i asked him to downsize. If you go far enuff right you'll see its a Meucci and he's askin what model. I pm'd him some contact info. at Budget. I think its a Gem-series because it has the inlays in the joint. I agree on the rarity, never seen this one.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

If it is straight and not falling apart it is more likely a fake than an actual Meucci. No?

But I defer to your expert opinion either way.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Found a cue model, MEP03, that probably inspired this one. The MEP03 has the alternating diamonds in the butt and alternating veneers in the points. This cue is looking more like a custom than a production model. Quality can be an issue. Before Bob got more involved the last few years quality ranged from very good to firewood. The one pictured looks pretty well done.

ironsoldier71

Registered
OK I have read all the replies and some are way off base. The MEP series is fairly new line of cues. This cue you have is from the 1970s. It is not the first run or lineup of Meucci cues but it is really close. Robert Meucci signed many of his first ones and put BMC on others. He resulted in putting Meucci on the cue butt ends shortly after that. If you look a the work he was doing in the 1970s this is right in line. It is not a production cue it was more than likely a one off cue for someone. Or a run he only did for a short while early in his career making cues. We can see a return to the BMC logo concept in the Meucci cue line. Anyway, I would nail this at around 1974 and in good shape. Worth is about $1,000 average on the collectors market.

I hope this helps you and I'm sorry I could not get you an exact model number, but often when someone is in early years making cues they might not always have a model number especially for a limited cue run. The 1980s saw every cue with a name or a model number. However this cue is a early mid 1970s cue.

I did a lot of digging and research on this one. I am certain it is not a fake. It is the real thing. Keep it and safe guard it. The value is going up and will continue to do so as long as it is in good shape.

Kind Regards,
Michael McDonald
Shooters Billiard Supply
www.shootersbilliardsupply.com
Player: Two Feather Anasazi by Viking Pool Cues (11 of 150)
Shaft: ViKore Shaft by Viking Pool Cues
Break: Predator Break 3 Pool Cue
Jump: Air 2 by Predator Pool Cues
Case: Instroke 3x5 Southwest Black Pool Cue Case
Table: Diamond Pro Am 9 ft with Aramith Tourney TV Pool Balls

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK I have read all the replies and some are way off base. The MEP series is fairly new line of cues. This cue you have is from the 1970s. It is not the first run or lineup of Meucci cues but it is really close. Robert Meucci signed many of his first ones and put BMC on others. He resulted in putting Meucci on the cue butt ends shortly after that. If you look a the work he was doing in the 1970s this is right in line. It is not a production cue it was more than likely a one off cue for someone. Or a run he only did for a short while early in his career making cues. We can see a return to the BMC logo concept in the Meucci cue line. Anyway, I would nail this at around 1974 and in good shape. Worth is about $1,000 average on the collectors market.

I hope this helps you and I'm sorry I could not get you an exact model number, but often when someone is in early years making cues they might not always have a model number especially for a limited cue run. The 1980s saw every cue with a name or a model number. However this cue is a early mid 1970s cue.

I did a lot of digging and research on this one. I am certain it is not a fake. It is the real thing. Keep it and safe guard it. The value is going up and will continue to do so as long as it is in good shape.

Kind Regards,
Michael McDonald
Shooters Billiard Supply
It has the newer "Meucci" spelling on the butt. Its not from the '70's. I didn't say it was a MEP just influenced by it. BTW, i called Meucci and they did not start the script logo until 1990.

Last edited:

cuenut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Meucci logo changed around 1988. Most of the ones from the '70s had brass pins. Around the time they changed the logo, they also started using stainless pins with brass inserts. This is that "newer" logo. I also disagree with the value of $1000 placed on it, but I don't want to get in some kind of flame war over it. I have seen one-offs for less.

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Kind Regards,
Michael McDonald
Shooters Billiard Supply

yikes :confused:

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
OK I have read all the replies and some are way off base. The MEP series is fairly new line of cues. This cue you have is from the 1970s.

Kind Regards,
Michael McDonald
Shooters Billiard Supply

Are you serious Clark?