The Adventures of Dick Phoenix......

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
During out last episode the evil villain Disque-co had vanished, and taken the exhumed corpse of Minnesota Fats with him, leaving Dick Phoenix clueless as to how he was going to locate them, and what he might do if he did.
We find our hapless hero sitting at the bar in the Ninth Street Poolroom, nursing a Scotch and soda, and talking to Joe, the bartender.
"You say he just disappeared? As into thin air?"
"Yep. One second he was right there in front of me, and the next second, poof, he was gone. Damnedest thing I've ever seen."
"You don't suppose you may have had a few too many at the time, do you Dick? You know sometimes......"
"Come on Joe, I was sober as a Judge. I know what I saw."
Two stools down sat a tall, thin fellow, smoking a cigarette. The collar of his overcoat was turned up, and his hat was pulled down low, hiding his features. He seemed to be very much interested in what Dick and Joe had been talking about. As Joe left for another customer he stood, threw a couple of dollars onto the bar, and walked over to were Dick was sitting.
"Pardon me, but I'm afraid I couldn't help overhearing your conversion just now. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Professor Otto Jagermeister. I teach at the local university. There's something very important I'd like to discuss with you."
"What? Oh, yeah......uh, some other time, okay Doc? I'm kinda busy right now."
"Please, Mister Phoenix. It's about that disappearance you mentioned. The one with a man, and a corpse."
"What about it?"
"Mr. Phoenix, have you ever heard of a Klingon cloaking device?"

............Stay tuned.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
Ladies, and Gentlemen. With only one reply and 210 views, I'm afraid the Adventures of Dick Phoenix action serial isn't going to make it, so let's move over to the final chapter and see what's happening.

When we last saw Phoenix, he had captured the wily Disque-co by employing the powerful Klingon cloaking device in reverse.
With Disque-co in handcuffs, and on his way to lock-up, Dick headed for his office to make arrangements for sending the remains of pool legend Minnesota Fats, back to the Our Lady of Lost Wages Cemetery.
As he crossed the street from the parking garage, Phoenix was lost in thought. So much so that he failed to see the oncoming bus.
When interviewed, the bus driver was heard to have said, "I could barely see him. It was like someone was switching a light bulb on and off."
Was it the after effects of the cloaking device?
We'll never know......

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Ladies, and Gentlemen. With only one reply and 210 views, I'm afraid the Adventures of Dick Phoenix action serial isn't going to make it, so let's move over to the final chapter and see what's happening.

When we last saw Phoenix, he had captured the wily Disque-co by employing the powerful Klingon cloaking device in reverse.
With Disque-co in handcuffs, and on his way to lock-up, Dick headed for his office to make arrangements for sending the remains of pool legend Minnesota Fats, back to the Our Lady of Lost Wages Cemetery.
As he crossed the street from the parking garage, Phoenix was lost in thought. So much so that he failed to see the oncoming bus.
When interviewed, the bus driver was heard to have said, "I could barely see him. It was like someone was switching a light bulb on and off."
Was it the after effects of the cloaking device?
We'll never know......
But that is not logical, Captain......

IMG_3102.JPG

Dunnn51

Clear the table!
Silver Member
Ummmmmmmmmm,.....

I think everyone is still scratching their head as to how you are going to turn this "hapless hero" into comic book version here on AZB,......

I am :scratchhead: myself.

I WILL stay tuned though.

P. S. "hapless hero??? " Better than a "lapless hero," I guess. :smile-square: