Any ideas of what I got here?

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
When did Rambow use the 5/16-18 joint pin?

Certainly none that I'm aware of, though there "could" be exceptions, or someone over the years could have replaced a pin with another. 5/16 X 18 was generally more modern, with Paradise, Palmer, possibly Fedunka and Karl Mayer, maybe some others. The typical Rambow pin was 5/16 X 14, and fairly shortly extruded from the joint. Here is an example of a typical Rambow joint pin.

Attachments

• Rambow Pin 1.jpg
    Rambow Pin 1.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 279

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Other than the joint pin, there is another subtle problem with the subject being a Rambow. That is the buttplate. True, it looks fairly like a large ivory Rambow buttplate, until you do some comparison. Examples I've seen are considerable smaller-hole than the post subject, with smaller screws. Not as much beveling on the inside of the hole. Here are some examples to compare.

Again, this doesn't prove anything. Except, without having a Rambow signature on the cue, I don't think I would assume people don't know what they're talking about or guessing.

I lean toward the subject cue being a Paradise or other cue, a bit later than Rambow. Again, some doubt, but I hope that some eager posters might not be too quick to judge without some research. This one isn't that clear.

All the best,
WW

Attachments

• Rambow Butt 1.jpg
    Rambow Butt 1.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 338
  • Rambow Butt 2.jpg
    Rambow Butt 2.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 278
  • Rambow Butt 3.jpg
    Rambow Butt 3.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 339