Congratulations Dr Cue

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm from the Chicago area and have been watching Dr Cue do trick shots for 40 years.
He is a 1st class individual who is dedicated to pool.
Congratulations Dr.Cue on your induction to the Hall of Fame

BuddyWing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I second that . I have seen his show in person a number of times
and he is GREAT ...
He and his wife do an excellent job.
I am happy for him..

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm from the Chicago area and have been watching Dr Cue do trick shots for 40 years.
He is a 1st class individual who is dedicated to pool.
Congratulations Dr.Cue on your induction to the Hall of Fame

Yes, I have seen his show too.
1st class individual, dedication to pool, great personality...none of those should matter when getting inducted into ANY HOF.

What should matter is technical ability, success rate, innovation, and contribution to industry.
Dr. Cue hits the mark on all four in spades!!
Congratulations!

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
1995 BCA trade show.
I took a 16 year old Alex to see Tom's show...told him...'You gotta see this man's enthusiasm...
..he has so much fun, he should be paying them."
Alex, who looks like an 11 year old at the time, is watching intently, always learning.
Tom gets down on a shot, then whirls toward Alex, points his finger at him and asks..
..."What's your name."...Alex, never shy, says "Alex Pagulayan." in a loud voice.
Tom says "Correct!...that's very good."

Alex laughed his head off....:lol::rotflmao1::lol::killingme:

Congratulations to Mr Rossman....the Boss man

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dr Cue is coming to Charleston WV Sunday and Monday at the 21 Poolroom. Can't wait! He is great! He deserved to finally be inducted.

flyrv9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dr. Cue has relatives in the Wichita area. Knowing a couple of them, I was invited to a Christmas party several years ago. He put on a brief show, followed by time for anyone who wanted to challenge him to a couple games of 8 ball. There were probably a dozen people there, but only a couple of us wanted to play. I played 2 games and went 1-1. I think he let me win that 1! Nice guy with an upbeat personality. During his show he brought out this cue that had a spring loaded shaft. You push the shaft into the butt and it locks. It's released by a button on the side. Aim your shot and hit the button - hard to miss! Nice guy - glad to hear he's now in the HOF. As I understand it, he's a good 3 cushion player too.

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Met him at my Local Bar after a big local Cash APA Tourney a few years ago. The LO at the time was building the Franchise fast and hired Dr. Cue for exhibition.

I happened in to shoot ( I play BCA) well after the APA Tourney cleared tables, someone said Dr. Cue was in the house. I went over introduced myself, shook his hand and had casual chat. He hung around for about an hour or more with a few of us chatting it up, pulling off some close up trick shots, answering questions and offering instruction.

Great humble guy, very nice person indeed and pleased his time, efforts and work got him into well deserved HOF.

-Kat,

Last edited:

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Glad to see my old namesake buddy get inducted into the HOF. I was at the amish restaurant the other day, reading the latest P&B Magazine, and saw the article on Tom and Darren Appleton. I've said for years he will eventually make it into the HOF.

Tom was my 1st instructor. He got me started right. Talked about the straight stroke, speed control, how to jump, using English, stance, you name it, we covered it.

Now this is not a jab at all my other instructors, such as Diana Minor, Mark Wilson, Scott Lee, Nick Varner, and Steve Boyer and others that have helped me, but Tom was the best of them all. Perhaps it was because he was the 1st or because he came down to my place five times, but nonetheless, he is #1 with me. He always drove down to my place on December 26 because he and his wife were visiting her family about 20 miles north of me. So, on December 26, 1998/99/00/01/02 he was down at my house.

Well deserved Tom. Keep doing your thing. As Steve Orner from Orner Billiards in Indianapolis told me once,...."Guys like Tom are what the game of pool is all about!"

r/Mike