KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had luck just searching google for “sky sports action live stream”

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

pooladdict

no doubt about it
Silver Member
I also noticed Jayson Shaw playing for GB team A and not on a team Scotland this year.

In earlier years, the teams have been England and Scotland. Now they use Great Britain as a nation, in order to get Jayson and Chris on the same team. Nice to be able to change like that :)

GB is mearly a geographical term - it's an island. The island is made up of the three countries of the United Kingdom, namely Scotland, England, and Wales, so its a bit weird.

They could actually then pool (pun intended) together Wu and Ko in one team - would have been just as fair.

Anyway, good luck to the GB / UK / England/Scotland team. Two fantastic players

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In earlier years, the teams have been England and Scotland. Now they use Great Britain as a nation, in order to get Jayson and Chris on the same team. Nice to be able to change like that :)

GB is mearly a geographical term - it's an island. The island is made up of the three countries of the United Kingdom, namely Scotland, England, and Wales, so its a bit weird.

They could actually then pool (pun intended) together Wu and Ko in one team - would have been just as fair.

Anyway, good luck to the GB / UK / England/Scotland team. Two fantastic players
Jay seems to be in good with The Boss at Match Room :groucho:

He's one of the stars of the show and it makes sense to get him a good partner.

This is a U.K. TV Show and they need ratings.

Last edited:

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is this the first year that both Ko brothers are on a team representing Taipei?
So many good players from there. That decision isn't easy.

Great Britain B lost yesterday up Chile-kind of an upset.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Estonia up on Germany 5-4. Ralf souqet just missed a shot. Ive still got DAZN from the us open, don’t know about other links

big_worm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Estonia through to round 2.
Quite a performance from Magi. Sorta redeemed himself this year.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
-I like that they change it to alt break this year- leads to closer more exciting matches.
-Main player from seeded teams underperforming and suffering 1st round jitters- Wu, Shane, Biado. Like with past editions, that is par for the course in this doubles format- it is never smooth route in scotch doubles- does not matter how good they are individually.

They actually killed 2 birds with one stone- they free up 1 slot for another team so we see South American teams this year. I think first time South America is represented. If they add Africa and the Eskimos soon, that will make it truly global :grin:

Estonia through to round 2.
Quite a performance from Magi. Sorta redeemed himself this year.
The Kos played together many years ago when little Ko was still baby and reached semis. :smile:
Souquet had meltdown and brilliant performance from Filler not good enough
4th Germany biggest seed to go out so far, yesterday Russia and GB B were seeded teams out.

complete-draw.jpg

http://www.matchroompool.com/world-cup-of-pool/#draw

pm.JPG

big_worm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Souquet had meltdown and brilliant performance from Filler not good enough
The Kaiser has been a disappointment for quite some time in this tournament. Germany should seriously consider pairing Filler with Hohmann or someone else next year.

big_worm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This HK team really sucks.
Where's the boy that beat Kaci in the world champ?

Haha, I was terribly wrong! :grin:
Turns out these HK teens can play. They beat Japan 7-4.
The Japs only have themselves to blame. Four dry breaks and no break n runouts.
Bye Oi, I love you and I'll miss you:frown: