Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Cue Case Reviews
Reload this Page Best case for the money?
Page 2 of 3 12 3

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.
Old
  (#16)
theeviltwin69
AzB Silver Member
theeviltwin69 has a reputation beyond reputetheeviltwin69 has a reputation beyond reputetheeviltwin69 has a reputation beyond reputetheeviltwin69 has a reputation beyond reputetheeviltwin69 has a reputation beyond reputetheeviltwin69 has a reputation beyond reputetheeviltwin69 has a reputation beyond reputetheeviltwin69 has a reputation beyond reputetheeviltwin69 has a reputation beyond reputetheeviltwin69 has a reputation beyond reputetheeviltwin69 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

07-01-2012, 06:44 AM

I'm planning on buying a new case very soon.I recently changed tips to a layered tip from Triangle's to Talisman WB hard,and am very impressed with the quality,and consistency of the tips.
They also make custom cases and I have done a lot research on cases.There cases are pvc tubed,and the interior is leather lined!They look great there's a couple of styles to choose from.
I'm going to get one of these.

http://www.talismanbilliards.com/Cuecases.asp

Playing cue: Pete Omen 6pt Ebony/coco bola
Shaft: Predator 314
Tip:Talisman WB Hard
Break Cue: X-Breaker 1st Generation
Tip:G10
Case:Stratford 2x4

http://stretch-fromdtooaplayer.blogspot.com/

Old
  (#17)
JMW
Seen Your Member
JMW has a reputation beyond reputeJMW has a reputation beyond reputeJMW has a reputation beyond reputeJMW has a reputation beyond reputeJMW has a reputation beyond reputeJMW has a reputation beyond reputeJMW has a reputation beyond reputeJMW has a reputation beyond reputeJMW has a reputation beyond reputeJMW has a reputation beyond reputeJMW has a reputation beyond repute

07-01-2012, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGLISH! View Post
I'm in the market for a hard tube 3x6 or 4x8 case. I went to the only billiard store in the Metro area but all they had were of the hard molded plastic inside top variety. I don't want that because I think that could scratch the cues or rip a wrap. I'm careful but I know accidents DO happen. I've gone online but I can't seen to find one without inconclusive desciptions. I'm leaning toward a Sterling 4x8 wheeled one but there are no pictures of the inside. Is it one tube with fabric deviders or is it 12 individual tubes? I would have thought someone would be making a case with a soft molded rubber top to both protect & hold the cues. The old Instroke owner is overseing production of the Sterlings. He seems to be using foam backed fabric to hold the cues, but as I mentioned the description does not give a complete picture & there are no pictures of the case opened. Any guidence will be appreciated & I thank you in advance.
I recommend the JB Flowers Tribute if you can spend a bit more. You can pick a used one up on AZ pretty cheap. But a Sterling with the John Barton fabric interior is the way to go on a budget.

I have the same interior on my Barton custom. It is hands down the best quality case I have owned. I have also owned Murnak, Porper, Instroke, GTF, Swift, Flowers, Ron Thomas, and Dan Whitten. So I am familiar with the quality of a few cases. My second favorite is the Whitten. I planned on trying a Jack Justis but stopped buying cases when I got the John Barton case.

Some new JB Flowers and Wave cases for sale on AZ and picture of interior...
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showth...hlight=Flowers

Last edited by JMW; 07-01-2012 at 07:09 AM.

Old
  (#18)
ctyhntr
RIP Ginky
ctyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond repute

07-01-2012, 08:05 AM

Whats your budget?

My ego is writing checks that my stroke can't cash.

Best case?
Old
  (#19)
ENGLISH!
Banned
ENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond repute

Best case? - 07-01-2012, 08:28 AM

Thanks for the input. I have a few new ones to check out, Thanks again.

Old
  (#20)
Big Arm
AzB Silver Member
Big Arm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Arm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Arm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Arm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Arm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Arm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Arm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Arm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Arm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Arm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Arm has a reputation beyond repute

07-01-2012, 09:21 AM

I really like my Swift case. It was very affordable and he gets it made quickly.

If the ladies can't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy.

BHQ Butterfly Playing Cue with 2 shafts (pool and snooker)
Master Cue M7 Snooker Cue
BHQ Butterfly Break Cue
8' Furniture Pool Table
10' Brunswick Gold Crown Snooker Table
3x5 Dennis Swift cue case
Craig W. Rittel Full Splice Billiards Jump Cue
Dennis Swift Soft Snooker Case

Old
  (#21)
dom_poppa
Banned
dom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond repute

07-02-2012, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcases-mike View Post
Actually sir this thread served to illustrate to everyone exactly how far we are willing to go to take care of issues. In this particular instance the customer with the alleged problem was offered a full refund of the entire 100% retail price whether he paid that or not, offered free shipping back to the warehouse and he declined this. He did not allow us the opportunity to inspect the case in order to determine if there actually was a problem.

The conclusion by John and Sterling was that this person's complaint was groundless and motivated by something other than an actual failure of our product.

At the recent Super Billiards Expo Sterling was there with more than 100 examples of this model of case. The customer could have chosen to speak to us in person and compare his case to them since he was also in attendance and he elected not to do so.

So really there isn't much more than we can do to solve a claimed problem than what we offered to do for this person. If that type of service and fanatical devotion to the quality of our interiors puts you off then be advised that there are a lot of other case makers out there who would like your business. We treat every complaint seriously as indicated by the actions of John and Sterling Gaming in the thread you referenced.
If it was a faulty case or design, I wished he would have sent the case for inspection and if there was some motive...well, it's a damn shame.

Old
  (#22)
CocoboloCowboy
Cowboys are my heros.
CocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1538

07-03-2012, 07:26 AM

Bang for Buck & Protection.

Old
  (#23)
jhanso18
Broken Lock
jhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2328

07-03-2012, 08:25 AM

JB cases, are insanely nice for the $$ you spend. I finally put my hands on one about 6 months ago and was blown away by the quality in these things. WWWAAAAYYYYY better than any instroke I've seen.

best,

Justin

~ Keith Kues ~
They are truly "old school" made with no CNC, no pantographs, no veneers and about 55 gallons of coffee. ~ Keith Hanssen
www.keithkues.com

[

Old
  (#24)
Noodle
AzB Bronze Member
Noodle has a reputation beyond reputeNoodle has a reputation beyond reputeNoodle has a reputation beyond reputeNoodle has a reputation beyond reputeNoodle has a reputation beyond reputeNoodle has a reputation beyond reputeNoodle has a reputation beyond reputeNoodle has a reputation beyond reputeNoodle has a reputation beyond reputeNoodle has a reputation beyond reputeNoodle has a reputation beyond repute

08-12-2012, 09:13 PM

If only they made 2x4 in the wave I would buy one

Old
  (#25)
DrOnePocket
Banned
DrOnePocket has a reputation beyond reputeDrOnePocket has a reputation beyond reputeDrOnePocket has a reputation beyond reputeDrOnePocket has a reputation beyond reputeDrOnePocket has a reputation beyond reputeDrOnePocket has a reputation beyond reputeDrOnePocket has a reputation beyond reputeDrOnePocket has a reputation beyond reputeDrOnePocket has a reputation beyond reputeDrOnePocket has a reputation beyond reputeDrOnePocket has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1350

08-12-2012, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
If only they made 2x4 in the wave I would buy one
The 3x4 is also a 2x5.

Old
  (#26)
Noodle
AzB Bronze Member
Noodle has a reputation beyond reputeNoodle has a reputation beyond reputeNoodle has a reputation beyond reputeNoodle has a reputation beyond reputeNoodle has a reputation beyond reputeNoodle has a reputation beyond reputeNoodle has a reputation beyond reputeNoodle has a reputation beyond reputeNoodle has a reputation beyond reputeNoodle has a reputation beyond reputeNoodle has a reputation beyond repute

08-13-2012, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrOnePocket View Post
The 3x4 is also a 2x5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcases-mike View Post
They do. The Wave Case 2x5/3x4 is the same external size as an Instroke 2x4. John Barton simply designed the interior to be more efficient and hold one extra part. So nothing is stopping you from using the case as a 2x4.
Good to know. Will it leave a big gap inside though where the 3rd butt would usually fit?

Best Case For Money
Old
  (#27)
robertno1pool
AzB Silver Member

robertno1pool has a reputation beyond reputerobertno1pool has a reputation beyond reputerobertno1pool has a reputation beyond reputerobertno1pool has a reputation beyond reputerobertno1pool has a reputation beyond reputerobertno1pool has a reputation beyond reputerobertno1pool has a reputation beyond reputerobertno1pool has a reputation beyond reputerobertno1pool has a reputation beyond reputerobertno1pool has a reputation beyond reputerobertno1pool has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4637

Best Case For Money - 08-13-2012, 07:10 PM

Best for what exactly?

J. W. Hager cases seem to offer a lot of might for protecting cues. Material for the first few inches to almost the end of the inside.

I quote AZer: "JB_Cases":

"Honest to God if I were in a bar fight I'd rather have this case or a SuperMac by McDermott than a baseball bat. I have a Hagar exactly like this and it's definitely a solid piece of equipment.

Quite innovative too. I'd love to steal some of Hagar's ideas but I can't figure out how to do them :-) Really cool cases.
[/COLOR]
"

See: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=238030

Unfortunately, Hager appears to not be making cases any more - so you would have to pick one up on the used or already made supply.

Robert
CUES: DBK w/ Dragon Carved on Mammoth sleeve, Denali dragon skin, DBK 13 butterflies, Phillippi, Chris Nitti, Paul Mottey, Richard Black, Ernie Martinez, Mike Stacey Titlist Buttterfly conversion; Prulhiere 6-point cue

CASES:[I] JW Hager (2); Ritch Remo Green Ostrich leather; Dennis Swift Barbwire carved;
Jim Murnak , full carved vintage

Old
  (#28)
bbb
AzB Silver Member

bbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

08-18-2012, 05:24 PM

havent read all the posts
imho icbw
sterling wave is the best bang for the buck

Old
  (#29)
APA Playa
Banned
APA Playa has a reputation beyond reputeAPA Playa has a reputation beyond reputeAPA Playa has a reputation beyond reputeAPA Playa has a reputation beyond reputeAPA Playa has a reputation beyond reputeAPA Playa has a reputation beyond reputeAPA Playa has a reputation beyond reputeAPA Playa has a reputation beyond reputeAPA Playa has a reputation beyond reputeAPA Playa has a reputation beyond reputeAPA Playa has a reputation beyond repute

08-22-2012, 02:19 PM

O'neil Box cases are the best.

Cases
Old
  (#30)
Snapshot9
son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Snapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 260

Cases - 08-22-2012, 05:39 PM

My first case was a box case, and I did not care for it. Nowhere to carry all the asessories that you need. I have got to have major pocket space.

I also think for the money, that the Sterling wave is the best case.

Scott 'Snapshot' Fraser
'Snap Lock' of the famous Lock Society
Don't judge yourself by what you have accomplished, but rather by what you should accomplish with your abilities - John Wooden

Page 2 of 3 12 3

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: