Looking for some help

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
Thank you all! We have a lot of good minds on here. After a frustrating few days I've decided the only cost effective way for me to make this project happen is to buy an existing ball and modify it for my use (thank you Chris Tate). I found a perfect ball for under $6 and they are sending me some samples to check out. There is no way I could make/manufacture a similar ball in this country at anything near that price, and I don't want that to stop me from proceeding.

I have a lot of work to do. Right now all I have is a domain name and a product name that has been trademarked. The real marketing will begin with the design that will be affixed to the ball (creative help), the Ad copy (me), packaging, a nice demo video (collaboration) and finally a website (designer). After that it's in God's hands. :grin:

This is a brand new venture for me, but I've always liked a challenge. I won't be making any predictions like Real King Cobra with his glue, but I have a vision and a plan. If it all works out I may be in a position to give pro pool a boost. I've tried and failed before and I've also had some successes. I know one thing is certain. If I don't try nothing will happen! ;)
That sounds like it's off to a good start at least. Looking forward to the updates

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
That sounds like it's off to a good start at least. Looking forward to the updates

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you all! We have a lot of good minds on here. After a frustrating few days I've decided the only cost effective way for me to make this project happen is to buy an existing ball and modify it for my use (thank you Chris Tate). I found a perfect ball for under $6 and they are sending me some samples to check out. There is no way I could make/manufacture a similar ball in this country at anything near that price, and I don't want that to stop me from proceeding.

I have a lot of work to do. Right now all I have is a domain name and a product name that has been trademarked. The real marketing will begin with the design that will be affixed to the ball (creative help), the Ad copy (me), packaging, a nice demo video (collaboration) and finally a website (designer). After that it's in God's hands. :grin:

This is a brand new venture for me, but I've always liked a challenge. I won't be making any predictions like Real King Cobra with his glue, but I have a vision and a plan. If it all works out I may be in a position to give pro pool a boost. I've tried and failed before and I've also had some successes. I know one thing is certain. If I don't try nothing will happen! ;)
Jay, all the best in trying to get your idea to come to fruition. It's hard to fathom how a rubber ball gadget can possibly pump any life in to the pro pool circuit, but I understand your reasons for keeping this confidential. We'll all just have to remain patient in anticipation of the final product hitting the market!

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I got turned on to Alibaba and have gotten quotes for $3 per ball, and that's with my logo attached. I can see why everything is being made in China.

ghost ball

justnum survivor
Silver Member
Jay, all the best in trying to get your idea to come to fruition. It's hard to fathom how a rubber ball gadget can possibly pump any life in to the pro pool circuit, but I understand your reasons for keeping this confidential. We'll all just have to remain patient in anticipation of the final product hitting the market!

My guess is that he's either solving the problem of dead rails or creating a jump ball.