Websites with match videos

mnsneakypete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are there any websites that archive matches which can be downloaded, other than youtube? I'd prefer free ones because I am a cheap SOB.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are there any websites that archive matches which can be downloaded, other than youtube? I'd prefer free ones because I am a cheap SOB.

There are not enough on YouTube for you? There are a lot of matches on there, including a ton of recent ones, even from overseas in perfect HD. I was recently watching the China women's tournament that was life streamed, but they also have it all recorded.

Try Ustream, many recorded matches on there.

Gotboost95

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On the Rail posts most of their matches to youtube. Fastlenny69 is the user name. High caliber players and recordings

SWN99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well make a new thread and sticky it so we can post our favorite videos.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
starting a forum thread helps but to small extent . Even tried looking for a video in forum threads- tough cos forum threads do not have database facility
What is needed is a niche site with database / repository of videos. That has great search features and proper categorisation , tagging , comments and community contributions. Like a Youtube but only for pool videos. I may start one but knowing the peanuts money in pool it could be throwing good money after bad :)

mnsneakypete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are not enough on YouTube for you? There are a lot of matches on there, including a ton of recent ones, even from overseas in perfect HD. I was recently watching the China women's tournament that was life streamed, but they also have it all recorded.
[/QUOTthereE]

I like watching a few specific players. I've been catching Skyler Woodward's matches when I can, but there are only 5 or 6 on youtube. Was hoping to find more elsewhere without paying $10-20 for a match. I'll check out UStream. Thanks.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
[/QUOTthereE]

I like watching a few specific players. I've been catching Skyler Woodward's matches when I can, but there are only 5 or 6 on youtube. Was hoping to find more elsewhere without paying $10-20 for a match. I'll check out UStream. Thanks.

Skyler is like 20, it's not very odd that there are not a huge amount of recorded matches for him. He played a lot but not on a streaming table, or possibly a stream that was not recorded. If you want to follow a player, see if they post updates on Facebook about when/where they are playing. I know Jayson Shaw posts what he is up to. Try to get to know the player a bit, you can simply ask on messenger or a text "Skyler, you going to be on a streaming table?" if you want to catch him. Or watch the tournaments and see if his name is in the entry, if it's streamed, you can catch his match then. See if there is a guy that knows the players and chat with them during a tournament, or directly to the player. See if they want a coffee or something.

I've gotten introductions through several people that knew the pros that way, mostly through my son being sponsored and a few people on AZB. Once they know your name and who you are, it's pretty easy to find out where they are playing just by asking.

Last edited: