Have you witnessed shots that you would not believe unless seen in person or on video

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, lots of outside. Here is Joe Tucker making three out of four with the fourth hung in the jaws. Note how far down the last two are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql-vXWEA_TU

That one is rail first? Geez. That jig he uses is a terrific stroke drill too.

My pick for magic shot is Mike Massey banking a ball 5 rails back into the still spinning cue ball which then goes 3 more rails to pocket a ball in the corner. It's on Youtube somewhere.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member

My pick for magic shot is Mike Massey banking a ball 5 rails back into the still spinning cue ball which then goes 3 more rails to pocket a ball in the corner. It's on Youtube somewhere.

The first object ball is banked three rails.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I’ve made that one and shared a video of it on here before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm curious about what the one little tip was.

Your diagram had the 1 ball frozen to the rail.

4836e4b88222f604e6ec27caf923af4b.jpg

That was a discussion on my blooper reel of near misses.

https://www.facebook.com/741751403/posts/10155447668791404/?d=n

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Your diagram had the 1 ball frozen to the rail.
And that's the way I've always played it. Now you have to go back and make the shot with the ball in the right place.:thumbup:

(I'll have to try the "easy" way the next time I have access to a table.)

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And that's the way I've always played it. Now you have to go back and make the shot with the ball in the right place.:thumbup:

(I'll have to try the "easy" way the next time I have access to a table.)

Take thy beak from out my heart!

sharkem

HavePoolCueWillTravel
Unbelievable shot

A road player came in my old poolroom back in the early 90's and wanted to bet he could make a seemingly improbable shot. He drew a six-inch circle around the spot with a piece of chalk and claimed he could make a spot shot from behind the head-string. He then claimed the cue ball would not touch a rail and come to a rest inside the drawn circle.

He then claimed he could make the shot one-handed jacked up and he wanted twelve or fifteen attempts. What!? (We would have offered way more attempts)

He made it after six or seven tries, unreal. A jacked-up dart grip with a masse.

We knew better than to wager on another man's trick but we just had to see it.