WPBA Masters Tournament $70,000 purse! (Feb. 27-March 3, 2019)

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like her stroke and style but Barretta’s pace of play is atrocious. This is an important out but it’s not that complicated.

She is in NO WAY a rhythm player- She is not a "natural". She got where she did through thousands of hours of hard work. She doesnt even take practice strokes on most shots- It's all concentration and aim aim aim on every shot!!

BTW-Both matches were hill hill and finished within 5 minutes of each other. Virtually the same pace on each table- Leave Jen alone! :)

Last edited:

decent dennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Barbara Lee, she played in tournament. Very involved in ladies Billiard scene in California.

Thought it was Dawn Hopkins, must have missed her. Also it was a hoot listening to Mary and Belinda last night, they were giggling like school girls, very entertaining.

Denis The Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thought it was Dawn Hopkins, must have missed her. Also it was a hoot listening to Mary and Belinda last night, they were giggling like school girls, very entertaining.

You may be right about it being Dawn. Mary stated it was Dawn with her in this match. Last match Mary referred to Barbara during the commentary, and I thought it was Barbara Lee but maybe not. Sure sounds like same commentator and this is Dawn.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dave...Actually Grady said..."hit a 100,000 balls WITH PURPOSE"! You can hit a million balls randomly, and not get much better! :thumbup:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com OTE]

Ok Thanks- I dont think i ever heard him say it-Just people quoting him but you and i both know Jen hits EVERY ball with purpose. Even Shane will just blast some now and then but i never saw JB do that!

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like her stroke and style but Barretta’s pace of play is atrocious. This is an important out but it’s not that complicated.
I haven't noticed JB's pace of play as being that much slower than a number of the other WPBA players I've watched on the Livestream at this event. I still find that she doesn't get the tip of her cue within 2+ inches of the cue ball before delivering her final stroke as very strange, but it works for her.

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
On a side note, have they turned off the shot clock for today? There were/are times when it's tough to watch so just curious. I haven't seen anyone ask for extension.

Thanks,
Dave

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I didn’t find them entertaining last night because they weren’t even talking about the match so I wound up turning the sound off after awhile. It’s better today.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe it's the inconsistent nature. Allison Fisher, for example, is methodical but consistent. On harder outs and shots she takes longer but on simpler ones she executes quickly. Once she gets down on the shot her routine has ended and she hits the shot. Barretta is all over the place, seemingly taking extra time randomly. She also sometimes takes 3-4 tries to get down on a shot before she pulls the trigger.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My God, Chen is playing TERRIBLE

yeah- Who knows? She has never put it all together in a USA event. She is still not out of it but Wei is strong also. I havent watched closely today but The first day or 2, Wei had the break totally figured out which i dont think is Simeng's strong suit.

SpinDoctor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The commentators doing this match make my head hurt, I've turned the sound off so that I don't have to listen to them.