CJ Wiley's "Touch" of Inside 3 Part Pocket System

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's something else to this that CJ may or may not have mentioned elsewhere (sorry, wish I had the time to read all his posts, but can't). Given a consistent hit and speed, the inside not only translates into the cut angle he describes, the cue ball also comes off the object ball, especially at half ball cuts or ones close to it, picking up no outside spin (an aspect of collision-induced throw that players tend to neglect or think of as "normal"),
Greetings from Switzerland, David.

Yes, David, I believe I get a truer "cut," and there does seem to be "cleaner/truer" angles all the way around using the "Touch."

There's many ways to describe this 'Touch of Inside' system{as far as why it's' so effective} and it comes down to what your philosophy is concerning the pool game.

If you believe that you can hit the cue ball in the center, cut the object ball where you "aim," and the pocket in the center you are being unrealistic....I'm not saying "you're wrong," I'm simply saying "that's what it looks like when the "Pros" play."

However, theres more, you're seeing the "result," but you can't see "the incentive." The incentive is to utilize all the factors involved to create the highest margin of error to produce the results you see, using a "System" to make the Game as simple as possible. The question is "how do you make a Game simple that has thousands of shots, as well as a multitude of spins, speeds, and deviations to calculate?"

The most important issue of the matter, from my perspective, ( documented to winning thousands of gambling matches and professional matches) is no human being can hit the cue ball, cut the object ball, and contact the center every time.

Therefore a system must be utilized to maximize margin of error (this exists because the pocket is bigger than the ball, if this wasn't true there would be NO margin of error).

The best "System" to do this would have three factors:

1) You would not be required to hit the cue ball straight every time to make all the shots that come up in a game.

2) You would be able to control your speed, spin and where you contact the cue ball more and more as you gain experience by doing it ONE way.

3) The System would have a "built in" trigger that would assure you "align your body to the shot", "hit the cue ball precisely/accurately" AND "accelerate". This is the best way to assure overall consistency.

If you don't hit the cue ball precisely and with a stroke that accelerates the cue you really can't expect to play that well. Certainly not at the level you may be striving for. Either way, to play a game or sport better it usually does take a mental change. The "mental change" in pool is the ability to see how to maximize "margin of error."

I'm suggesting that by giving shots the "Same Common Denominator," you will suddenly have the ability to shoot them the same. There will be exceptions where you still have to use different spins and speeds, however, the important thing is positioning your game so you can hit a "Touch of Inside" if possible.

So in your pre shot routine it changes from you asking "where do I need to play position on my next shot to get the right "angle." - to "where do I need to get position on my next shot{using a Touch of Inside 'TOI'}to create my favorite angle?

This calculation is done quickly and easily once you become familiar with the different type shots now available to you.

Unless you've used TOI before there's no way to know the style and type of shots that are possible. That's why I've always said you need to practice for 3 hours using TOI every timeto gain this essential experience. 'The Game is the Teacher'

This is on hell of a post...........should be a sticky for intermediate and advanced players. Pretty much says it all.

John

Last edited:

Pjaze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been reading about TOI for the last hour and still have no clue what the system actually involves.

From what I can gather, you use a touch of inside english on touch shots to increase your margin of error?

I have looked but can't find a tutorial on how to actually use this system so that I can give it a go.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been reading about TOI for the last hour and still have no clue what the system actually involves.

From what I can gather, you use a touch of inside english on touch shots to increase your margin of error?

I have looked but can't find a tutorial on how to actually use this system so that I can give it a go.

CJ Wiley will be releasing a video demonstrating TOI and how to use it in the next few days.

Stay tuned :thumbup:

John

Pjaze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah but is that video going to cost $$? I am not going to buy a video with no idea what is in it..

It seems that alot of people know what it involves and are already trying out this aiming method?

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here's some information on the TOI and the 3Part Pocket System.

I apologize, I haven't even looked at this section in ages. I'm getting ready to post instructional videos in the Azbilliards new video section as soon as it's up and "LIVE". Stay Tuned.

Here's some information on the TOI and the 3Part Pocket System. You can learn more by reading testimonials and new video on the TOUCH OF INSIDE A Revolutionary New Way to "Play Like a Pro"

I can be reached at www.cjwiley.com or on Face Book at CJWILEY7/Facebook.com

THE TOI SYSTEM INTRO TO ALL NEW VIDEO - CJ Wiley

TOI and the 3Part Pocket System

Steve Mizerak Vs CJ Wiley
See the TOI Technique in Action

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
The cue ball appears to "float" when the TOI Technique is being utilized.

It was hard to see the TOI but that was an amazing match. :thumbup:

That's why it's been kept hidden for so long, you can't see when it's being done. You must watch the cue ball AFTER it contacts the object ball and the NO SPIN reaction. The cue ball appears to "float" when the TOI Technique is being utilized.

www.thegameistheteacher.com has more on this subject.

Last edited: