Players Jump/Break Cue

Cdryden

Pool Addict
Silver Member
ok I got this jump break cue because it was cheap and because a friend of mine has the players sneaky pete and I thought that cue was worth 3 times what he paid for it new.

( to give you a idea of my cue expierence I have a custom Cameron cue, a nice Joss, mcdermott, meuci, and 2 heublers and various other lesser quality cues)

The cue looks great and is well constructed for a cheaper cue. It is a very good break cue with a emerald tip ( i hate phenolic tips) and has very low deflection. However, when broken down to the jump cue it under preforms. I found it difficult to jump accurately with this cue so for now I will stick with my dedicated jump cue.

NOTE: This cue has a nice added bonus. I wondered how this cue could preform as a masse cue so i took the middle section off, screwed the lower section of the butt to the shaft and tried it out. WOW, this works better than you can imagine.

So if you want a decent masse cue at a cheap price try it out. I should tell you that this cannot compare to a masse cue made by someone that knows what they are doing, this is just a cheap alternative.

Rocky247

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So i just got a 19oz sneaky players for a cheap break cue.Went to the pool hall and warmed up for 10 min and took the cue and broke a few 9 ball racks and nothing.After hitting somemore balls I racked a set and took time to get the cue and were the balance point was ,BAM 3 balls on the break and felt solid.Samething at least 2 balls on the break for 3-4 racks and the cue couldn't feel anybetter a real good purchase!

taylorboi

ok I got this jump break cue because it was cheap and because a friend of mine has the players sneaky pete and I thought that cue was worth 3 times what he paid for it new.

( to give you a idea of my cue expierence I have a custom Cameron cue, a nice Joss, mcdermott, meuci, and 2 heublers and various other lesser quality cues)

The cue looks great and is well constructed for a cheaper cue. It is a very good break cue with a emerald tip ( i hate phenolic tips) and has very low deflection. However, when broken down to the jump cue it under preforms. I found it difficult to jump accurately with this cue so for now I will stick with my dedicated jump cue.

NOTE: This cue has a nice added bonus. I wondered how this cue could preform as a masse cue so i took the middle section off, screwed the lower section of the butt to the shaft and tried it out. WOW, this works better than you can imagine.

So if you want a decent masse cue at a cheap price try it out. I should tell you that this cannot compare to a masse cue made by someone that knows what they are doing, this is just a cheap alternative.

i had the same problem as you .I just picked up a player jump break to i had to take the middle section of the butt off and put the longer/alittle heavier part of the butt end to make it a half way decent jump cue

AnthonyR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love my player j/b and so does my apa team so much a team mate had me order him one. My best so far was 5 balls pocketed on a 9 ball rack!

samiun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the players SPBJ for 4 years. Actually when the cue arrived it plays normally, but when i change the stock ferrule and tip to G10 whole ferrule and tip, it become something far better compared to the stock.
I broke the ferrule tenon once after it replaced with G10, and had installed the same G10.
Now it shorter almost the same height as Mezz PBII and still break great (for the cost/performance).

jgobigred

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought the j/b over a year ago, came with a phenolic tip. Breaks great, jumps:

Pops the ball up easily enough, puts a ton of spin on the cb however. I think this may have to do with the tip coming so rounded in combination with the phenolic. I would like to try flattening the tip and/or changing to a samsara or white diamond tip to test this theory but my damn job gets in the way of my pool playing time all too often!

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
A friend of mine drilled a guy during a late night action match for small stakes a while back. It ended up being close to a $100 win for him......that's pretty big around here. Lol.

Anyway, the guy couldn't pay up. Air barrel. My friend offered to let him off the hook, by at least allowing him to pay later. The guy offered up a new break cue he had. It was a Players JB5 with the brown ring at the bottom.

Short story long.....it breaks extremely well. Probably the best bang for the buck I've seen in a long time. I think you can pick one up for about $80.

I'm seriously thinking about getting one myself.

actionplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got one to replace my action three piece break jump

Still not sure if better or worse

Think as its way heavier than my playing cue I'm struggling but I like the tip and shaft

headmuses

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use the Players SPJB5. Its not a bad J/B cue for the money, well made. I would like to change out the weight bolt to make it a bit heavier.