Providence/Boston area $1000 added One Pocket Tournament - Saturday November 6th

thepavlos

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
In an effort to rejuvenate one pocket here in the Northeast, we're holding what will hopefully be the first of many one pocket tournaments in the area. So, without further ado...

ONEPOCKET.ORG AND SNOOKERS PRESENT

SNOOKERS ONE POCKET FALL CLASSIC 2010

"One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
-- Strawberry Brooks

Handicapped One Pocket Tournament
Saturday November 6, 2010
Doors Open at 11:30am / Tournament at 12:30pm

53 Ashburton St, Providence, RI 02904
(401)351-7665
snookersri.com

AA (Professional One Pocket Player) – Gives A 11-7, B 11-6, C 11-5.
A – Gives B 9-7, C 10-6.
B – Gives C 8-6.
C

$1000 ADDED GUARANTEED
$50 Entry (Includes $5 greens fee)
* Strictly limited to the first 24 paid *

Races To 2 (Double elimination)

Will pay out the top 25% of the field
Payouts (based on a full field):
1st - 35% = $728
2nd - 25% = $520
3rd - 15% = $312
4th - 10% = $208
5th/6th -7.5% = $156

Now taking pre-paid entries
Contact Ray Mac at Snookers

RockemSockem

Registered
One Pocket

Outstanding. Thank you Onepocket.org & Snookers.

I think it was long overdue we got one pocket tourney started in New England area. There are lots of good players playing one pocket in the shadows of 9-ball everywhere. Hopefully this will get all of us together to show what we can do to support the game. I will be there with bells on. Ray count me in.

1pktfool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This should be a great tournament and we're definitely hoping we can draw as many of the local one pocket players out of the woodwork for this one. The low entry fee and the good added money, along with the handicaps, should be enough to get even you beginner one pocket players to come on down and try it out. We do plan on having more tournaments if this one goes well.

RockemSockem

Registered
Questions:

With 24-player field, will this be seeded? Top 8-players?

How do we handicap players since not many are known one pocket players?

Any entries still available? I've been asked about this many times.

thepavlos

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
With 24-player field, will this be seeded? Top 8-players?
No, it will be a blind draw.

How do we handicap players since not many are known one pocket players?
All handicapping will be done by committee. These are “best fit” handicaps. Some will be high or low within their level. Decisions will be final. Deliberate misrepresentation of a player’s level will result in immediate disqualification of the player AND his cohort.

Any entries still available? I've been asked about this many times.
Yes, as of right now there are 5 paid entrants, which is good given the amount of time left before the event. However, if you want to be sure of a spot, it's better to sign up now rather than later of course

Also, this Sunday Oct 3, the Rack'em up 9-ball tour is having an event at Snookers Billiards, come check it out!!!

RockemSockem

Registered
I am kinda surprised there aren't more players already signed up or more posts in this thread. Many have asked me about this tourney & many have expressed their desire to play.

One pocket tourney in our area has been the forgotten game along with 14.1. This would be a good chance to get the game going. Having OnePocket.org & Snookers promoting this is just awesome in my opinion. Matter of fact, I'm putting off all my weekend chores that weekend to attend.

Regards,

ps - Ray Mac is taking the entries, give him a buzz if you're interested in playing.

Last edited:

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is a slim chance that I will still be in New England for this tournament. If so, count me in!

thepavlos

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Last I checked there were already six people signed up!! Only three weeks left before our first big one pocket tournament in the area.

1pktfool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bump with two weeks left until this tournament. Come out and show your support for one pocket in the area, and take a chance at some really good added money.

1pocket

Steve Booth
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am playing is this too -- I'll be riding down from NH with my friend John Smith, who is also playing in it.

I got a few hours of One Pocket in yesterday with "twister" -- which we both definitely needed. He'll be there too. $50 entry and $1000 added AND handicapped and only 24 entry max field -- what's not to like?

If you are anywhere within range come on over to Snookers and join us. Snookers is a real nice room, with a bar and food in separate areas -- it is probably the most successful poolroom in New England right now.

Looking forward to meeting you all!!!

Snooker's RI

House Pro
Silver Member
Field up to 16 as of Tuesday Nov 2nd - Wed Nov 3rd will be our weekly 9-ball tournament so some will sign up during that event - don't wait, now is the time if you plan on playing 401-351-7665

boradriver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't think I will get there in time for the tournament but I will be stopping by for a meal and a few drinks Saturday.