Finishing

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Guys I`m at the hospital at the moment and I`m bored out of my mind!
I`ve been reading alot about finishing lately and I have experimented quite a bit with finishes lately, I`m getting fairly nice finishes, but I`m not happy yet and I suspect I could make the oparetion easier for myself.
I have found that the B.S.I Finish Cure is easy to work with, but I suspect I`m using too fine grit sandpaper. What is the right grit to use, and is two coats the way to go?
I Just bought a proper spray gun (A.N.I R150 0.8 nozzle) and I`m gonna experiment with that when I get home. What nozle size do you guys use? and what type of clear.
I`m staying away from 2 component paint and Cyano as I don`t want to kill myself.
Water or acryllic is fine. I`m looking at U-pol S2085, fairly cheap and acryllic based.

It would be great if some of you guys could share your setup and products you use.

Kim

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
solarez............ easy and great shine

Kim

I`ll try Solarez too, but it`s not readily avialable here in Norway, so I have to order some...
What is your process?
And is it practical to use on small stuff like a mid extension or som JP`s?

HDR10

HR Custom Cues
Silver Member
Only bad thing I've read or heard about solarez is....if your trying to get it off after it's cured...

Nuts4Tascarellas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
finish

It works great on everything. You don't have to mix it - so if you want to do 1 joint protector - you can just use a few grams instead of mixing something and wasting it. When you order it, get the poly gloss!

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
you must mix Solarez very well even though it appears clear with a bluish tint....... there is a surfacing agent that must be mixed in or it will cure sticky............

Solarez is easy to sand off.......... it is not hard to remove that way....

Kim