i got my brains beat out Saturday

OlegK

Registered
Well... When you loose and you think you could play much better, that hurts. Sometimes that throws me back for few days, sometimes for weeks...
Online materials and books on mental game that's where I try to find some advises, or if you have a good teacher that may help as well.

There are so many causes why you may not be able to play your best game.
But to mention one of them, when somebody sharks me I try to find answers what to do next time, in a hope stroke will not drop that badly....

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Only Filipinos understand pool. If you change your citizenship, you get a little manual on how to beat pool. It also has a section on all the pool gods and what kind of sacrifices they need. For example, the god of straight back banks requires candles lit in a square 3 nights in a row, and you have to sit in there and chant which pocket (left or right) you want for like 3 hours each night. You can get both in 6 days. Not too bad if you ask me. I got my manual at birth, and I'd let you borrow it, but there's a bunch of rules and permission slips and some kind of 10,000 steps thing (I didn't pay attention to the requirements).

-td

So .... pick a chanting or non chanting pocket?

Last edited:

nevadarain

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ill give you some tough love. Stop being a pansy and sack up. :) If you never lost a game, there would n't be a pool game for 1000 miles. Like the others mentioned, don't let it get to you that much, actually dont let it get to you at all, and more importantly, troubleshoot what went wrong with your game that day. You'll get em next time, like you said you've already beat him multiple times.

M.G.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
who can understand pool?

Monsieur, you did the worst thing ever. It does not work, so let's do the same and more of it.

If it's not working because you are not motivated, focussed whatever it's time to drastically change tactics.
For example, just focus on hardcore safties instead of pocketing.
Of try to block pockets with your balls. Or try to disturb his pattern by moving his balls.

Be creative and be NOT yourself.

Be like James Bond or Data - instead of playing to win, just play to disturb or stretch the thing.

Cheers,
M

MickeyMantle

Mickey Mantle #7
Post really makes me feel a little better. Been shooting really well, against like rated opponents. Played one of the very top players in town, if not #1m #2 rated in my opinion. A run of 10-5, and the 8 ball...I won 1 game, the one shot that he dogged all night. Found my self having to kick, almost every shot and made some 2-3 really great kick saves. Actually had an opportunity to win the first two games, and that would have certainly changed it all. But the nervousness hit, and missed, I will run a rack....once in a great while. Went home devastated, but today is another day. Some days the roll your way, some days they don't....problem, was that he was making them run his way that night.

cbi1000

It is what it is...
Silver Member
opponent kept shooting good shots and getting a bit of luck

I broke down and felt sorry for myself

Soon I missed every shot I got

I had already beat this guy 3 times in the last 2 weeks

who can understand pool?

Been there done that. Happens to everyone!

sonny burnett

Registered
opponent kept shooting good shots and getting a bit of luck

I broke down and felt sorry for myself

Soon I missed every shot I got

I had already beat this guy 3 times in the last 2 weeks

who can understand pool?
Buy a new cue. That cures any ailment.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i am really working hard to fix the blame

i have decided it must be the cue
so my beautiful long cue is now for sale

Ched

"Hey ... I'm back"!
Silver Member
re: the original post.
I have those days more than I care to admit .. but I do love the game - so I just keep plugging along.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Sometimes you’re the bug
Sometimes you’re the w....
:idea2:.....hmmm..maybe stop making games with windshields